Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Sweetp9994

3-6 4.0
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Happy with our trip

We traveled on the carnival glory in June of 2013, the trip left from Boston, ma and travelled to Canada. I traveled with my toddler who had just turned two a week prior to the cruise and my elderly parents, with my handicapped father. We did not fly as we were fortunate to be only an hour from the port. Parking was a breeze and we were bussed to the dock. I was alone with my son and had to unload the luggage myself and then park and fold the carriage and board the bus, a lot of work. Then get all my luggage whe. I got off the bus...until I found an employee to help. We had passports so it made the process fast, small line to get on but moved quickly. Once on we reunited with my parses who were already settled in their room. They had a handicapped room and it had a huge bathroom and no lip to get in and out of bathroom and room helpful for my dad. However they were near the elevators so heard the ding of the elevator all night. We were next door in an interior room.

I had never travelled with a toddler before and read every review I could find about the sleeping situation. I was torn whether to bring a pack and play or not. I had called and "reserved" a crib...I was told cribs and pack and plays were available for babies and I would get what was left....if anything. Growing increasingly nervous about this an hour before I left I threw my pack and play in the car....at the drop off I stood staring into my truck asking myself should I take it...thank god I did! My son will not sleep in the corner of the bed as my room service person had suggested, he showed me a huge wooden crib that he was unwilling to set up for me as my son was over two! Long story short my son slept right next to my bed and slept wonderful the hole trip. I did bring a white noise machine as the noise level in the hall was awful! He enjoyed camp carnival when I was there and they would only let me stay for five minutes each time, he would not stay without me. There was NO time for open play as they have on their web site. Great space outside though with cars andi went there with him. I was mad we could not get ANY food for him before 6pm for dinner or before 12pm for lunch...he eats lunch at 11 and dinner at 5 so that was hard. Room service was useful but no kids menu. Dinning room staff were slightly friendly to him but he is a child that goes to bed early and has a short attention span so dinner at 7pm does not work for us.

Overall it was a great rip and good boat, found the ship to be clean the food to be good, especially the blue cantina burritos. People were nice, lots of drinking and very loud in the halls at night, they need to have some kind of control,over this. Los of fog on our trip and the fog horn blew every three minutes for two days, this scared my son to death to this day when we say cruise he says loud horn hurt ears....

At the first port we went to Canada games aquatics center....home run for kids. It was clean, cheap and fun! Perfect 5-10 min walk and a great time, room service person was very nice and helpful but bossy. Everyone else was friendly but not overly helpful when it came to my son.they were EXTREEMLY helpful with my handicapped father though.

I would take this trip again...whe my son is older!

Publication Date: 08/22/13