Oceana Cruise Review by SpinPeng: Excellent Holiday
Member Since 2013
Second cruise for me and the wife but the last was thirteen years ago before our ten year old daughter, who accompanied us this time, was born.
Overall, an excellent holiday.
- Excellent embarkation and disembarkation processes
- Excellent cabin service
- Cabin larger than expected with plenty of storage room for clothes and other stuff.
- Excellent food
- Excellent entertainment
- Despite being at full capacity, ship rarely felt crowded and it was always possible to find a quiet corner somewhere if that's what one wanted.
- Excellent Kids Club
- Nice selection of ports of call.
- Some children (usually age range 12-15) not properly supervised and running around the ship. Also using the gym as a playground - thus more pieces of equipment became broken as the cruise progressed. (I suspect that P&O would get sued if a child sustained an injury because More of misuse of gym equipment). And one evening, a load of them had gotten into the Toddlers area after it was shut and were mucking around there.
P&O have plenty of rules posted in communual areas and in the ship's newsletters to prevent such behaviour but without enforcement, it's a bit of a waste of time.
I really think that P&O should engage some sort of security personnel - could be as conspicuous or inconspicuous as deemed necessary - to address this issue as it has the potential to ruin people's holidays.
However, overall, the pluses considerably outweighed the minuses and so we would recommend this ship to others. Less
Read more Oceana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oceana Review >>
From/to Savona, Italy
Oceania - Mixed Reviews
Costa very much underrated