Excellent Holiday: Oceana Cruise Review by SpinPeng
Overall Member Rating
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Overall, an excellent holiday.
- Excellent embarkation and disembarkation processes
- Excellent cabin service
- Cabin larger than expected with plenty of storage room for clothes and other stuff.
- Excellent food
- Excellent entertainment
- Despite being at full capacity, ship rarely felt crowded and it was always possible to find a quiet corner somewhere if that's what one wanted.
- Excellent Kids Club
- Nice selection of ports of call.
- Some children (usually age range 12-15) not properly supervised and running around the ship. Also using the gym as a playground - thus more pieces of equipment became broken as the cruise progressed. (I suspect that P&O would get sued if a child sustained an injury because More of misuse of gym equipment). And one evening, a load of them had gotten into the Toddlers area after it was shut and were mucking around there.
P&O have plenty of rules posted in communual areas and in the ship's newsletters to prevent such behaviour but without enforcement, it's a bit of a waste of time.
I really think that P&O should engage some sort of security personnel - could be as conspicuous or inconspicuous as deemed necessary - to address this issue as it has the potential to ruin people's holidays.
However, overall, the pluses considerably outweighed the minuses and so we would recommend this ship to others. Less