Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Cosmogirl411: You get what u pay for or do u?

Bahamas Celebration 2
Cosmogirl411
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

You get what u pay for or do u?

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

The website looks great.

Unfortunately the cruise wasn't:

Reasons, I will never sail with Celebrity again:

The food was like cafeteria food.

No, good, choices for desert.

The ship was small.

The entertainment, corny, outdated.

The adult pool was tiny and full of children.

Who could blame them, there really wasn't a children's pool... 2" of water and a slide enveloped with diesel fuel.

The same smell, I awoke to every morning ..cabin 729, forcing me out of bed, because I just couldn't lay there and smell it any longer!

The lunch at the beach resort was just so, so.

The woman at the scooter rental was a bit sad, rude, like. But the guy "suiting" us up was great!

There were valet fees, taxes, tips all adding up to more than the cruise. So it really wasn't a deal. I'd rather pay a little more and sail with Carnival. Which is the best all around, for your buck.

Oh...the good More points!

1) The chef, wait staff and food,at The Cove, was superb. I'm so glad I splurged and schedule a reservation, even though it cost additional. ( other cruises, don't, for the same quality, ship wide.)

2) the entire crew/staff, bus driver, were wonderful, helpful, accommodating, generous, friendly, attractive!

3) because the ship was so small, you met and saw the same passengers, made friends.

4) the crew on our excursion, were awesome and entertaining! Really engaged with us.

(snorkeling )

THANK GOD, MY SISTER HAS NEVER BEEN ON A CRUISE AND STILL THINKS THIS WAS A LUXURY CRUISE- and I PAID FOR IT AND HER AIRLINE TICKET! ( I never complained, just made the best of it, for fear of embarrassment.)

Oh...the good points!

(snorkeling )

Jeanne Smith

Bs4011@aol.com Less

Published 08/22/13

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Bahamas Celebration Review >>

Cabin review:

Our cabin was fine we had a great cabin steward and tipped him generously.but the cabin across from us backed up with sewage the last morning ..thank goodness we were back on shore with in a few hours.

Cosmogirl411
Member Since 2013
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?