Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by Prettynycgirl: Pretty ship but expect to be nickel and dimed for everything

Prettynycgirl
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Pretty ship but expect to be nickel and dimed for everything

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Let me start off by saying I have been on 12 cruises which included carnival, princess and royal. This was my first Norwegian experience and I was not impressed. We ported out of New York which was great because we did not have to get on a plane and could pack as much as we wanted.

Stateroom: I was very surprised to see how big our balcony room was. The bathroom was a very nice size and you did not feel like you were a tiny closet when you were showering. The balcony on the other hand, was tiny for the amount of money we paid for the room. Usually you could fit 2 chairs and a table comfortably. We were on the 10th floor and the balcony barely fit a normal size chair and was very tight.

Pools/Sun Deck: Good luck getting a lounge chair on this trip! Passengers would get up at the crack of dawn to hold chairs and we could not even find a chair at 8:30am. I dont understand how you can have 4,500 passengers and one tiny pool which was always packed. There were passengers More getting into fist fights over chairs I could not believe it.

Dining/ Restaurants: They purposely make the dining room food at Savor or the Manhattan Room bland so that you will book a specialty restaurant. The menu in the dining room had very little options and horrible wait service. We did at La cucina, the French bistro and the Brazilian steakhouse which was worth that money but who wants to pay for food on a cruise when you have already shelled at $1700. The noodle bar was great but charged you al la carte prices, again why do I have to pay for good food. The buffet or cafe was not good at all; it was usually last nights dinner reheated.

Entertainment: The outdoor club was amazing and so much fun. Thank god for the glow and the captains night out parties because the rest of the entertainment was not great at all. We tried to watch the rock of ages show but it was sold out. Again not sure why you need to reserve a seat at a show, it was disappointing to see sold out on the various shows just because you did not book them on the first day.

Overall value: DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS SHIP! It was very overpriced and they charge you extra for anything of value. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>