Golden Princess Cruise Review by Catlulu123

Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: AB
Cabin Number: D510
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
        13-15 1.0

Golden Princess Alaska

Just arrived back from Seattle/Alaska and wanted to review the Golden while it was still fresh in my mind.

I traveled with my 80 year old mother [wheelchair used at times] and my 15 year old daughter. The ship was very helpful with the getting on and off the ship - pushers for my mom in her wheelchair were provided.

The first day on the ship my daughter and I took a grand tour of the ship - we had a great time exploring but it was a bit overwhelming figuring out the layout but great fun! My daughter used the spa services that first day and said they were very nice. My mother wanted to visit the spa when my daughter and I were zip lining so I asked if someone would be able to accompany my mother to and from spa to help her get there - they said NO Problem!! Well YES there is a problem NO ONE would come help her so she never did get to the spa!

We enjoyed our time on the ship. The staff were very nice and smiling. We loved Lester our assistant waiter in the traditional dining room! He was just great. Our steward - very nice!!!

The food in the dining very good - just ate too much. The buffet - meh!

Ice cream soft serve! Yum

Our mini suite was nice the beds were okay - liked my robe - honestly, I brought enough "dress cloths" next time I would bring more sweats/casual cloths to hang around in..Comfort was a must - the weather was wonderful!!!

In Victoria the ship has a silent docking so no sound for MUTS [movies under the stars] that annoyed me why even show a movie without sound or captioned!! Ugh!

All in All Alaska is rugged, beautiful and something to see. The ship and crew - solid.

the excursions - you should do excursions!!!!!!! do not pass them up!

Cheers, Cathy