Arcadia Cruise Review by The Big Fish

Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Baltic & Northern Europe
Cabin Category: OD
Cabin Number: D005
See More About: Arcadia Cruise Reviews | Baltic & Northern Europe Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Arcadia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Arcadia Deck Plans
Cruising for Hypocrites

Having previously sailed on this ship it and expressed many concerns in an earlier review entitles A Sliding Scale of Quality, it might have been slightly hypocritical to expose myself to more of the horror show served up by P&No.

I may be getting senile in my old age and simply forgot. I may be just mellowing a tad and now willing to give people another role of the dice. Or I may have just been wide of the mark with my previous onslaught.

However I stand by everything I said previously, and P&ONo may have just upped their game.

And they have, which probably says more about how it used to be.

The ship is having a long overdue refit. Although they seem to have already refitted the staff, along with some improved standards too.

They still have a couple of worrying things on board; A Masonic Lodge meeting in the Viceroy Room and a quite alarming Jigsaw Society. Any members should have been used as Killer Whale bait as we ventured back from Iceland.

They also churn out supposed entertainment, which much breach some trades descriptions act. Why dont they charge for seeing the show and make the internet free?

Shore Excursions were a rip off - 135 each for whale watching, to get on a boat with people whod only paid 55 in the port.

35 each to walk round a port in Iceland. Having walked round the place myself for free, I would have gladly paid 35 just to get out of the place.

All in all this was a brilliant trip to Iceland and Norway and something to tick off the list. Excellent value for money without the shore excursions.

For a full review of this adventure check out the Ebooks; The Big Fish does it again, or for the previous trip on The Arcadia along with some other tales; The Big Fish does

Publication Date: 08/22/13