Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by pinbot_67

Cabin Category: 4A
        10-12 3.0
        13-15 3.0

My Thoughts and Observations

Cruised out of Charleston on a 7 day cruise to Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, and Nassau.

We signed up for "Faster to the Fun," which, allowed us priority embarkation, tendering, and debarkation. When we arrived at the port, the line to get on the ship snaked throughout the terminal, and it appeared to be a wait of at least an hour (probably more). I asked a representative about our FTTF, and she escorted us to another line that had ZERO people waiting in it! We were onboard the ship in 10 minutes, which made FTTF worth it right there.

When we tendered at Half Moon Cay, we were supposedly in the priority group, but we were held until after those who had early shore excursions had tendered. I understand why we had to wait, but it was still a bit of a disappointment. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get off the ship after the time they told us to gather for tendering.

Getting off the ship in Charleston was efficient and FTTF got us into the earliest group to disembark, which was nice.

Overall, FTTF was worth the money, in my opinion.

The food in the MDR was not as good as I remembered in the past. The steak was tough and the shrimp was not as good as I am used to eating (I live on the coast), and the portions seem to have gotten smaller. You can, of course, always order more. The only thing I really enjoyed was the warm melted chocolate cake. It was the always excellent!

Room steward was excellent and always had fresh towels or whatever we needed. We did have one issue where they charged us for using an in-cabin water that we did not use. Trying to get Guest Services to correct the error was a futile endeavor. Finally just decided to not let it damper our cruise, and let it go.

We enjoyed the shows; my daughters loved the Brits show. There were four comedians on board during the week. They did 4-5 comedy shows most nights - great! 2 of the comedians were really funny and the other 2 were only so-so. A lady who played guitar in the lobby was excellent as well.

I have enjoyed Carnival in the past, but maybe I'm getting older, because I think in the future I will want a more low-key cruise.

Publication Date: 08/22/13