Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Senior Single

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Senior Single
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Member Name: Senior Single
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Transatlantic
Cabin Category: B1
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Transatlantic Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Rates 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Senior lady loved the voyage

This was my first Cunard cruise, and I loved every minute. I have cruised since 1949, and now do five a year. My sheltered balcony was pleasant, but weather was a bit chilly to make use of it often. I appreciated the half-bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin upon arrival - a nice touch not seen on prior cruises. Pardon, this is not a "cruise" but a trans-Atlantic "voyage". I found the cabin very spacious for a single traveller, ample closet space, a fine little refrigerator, great TV coverage on the Captains Log channel with background music, and perfect service from my steward with new towels and freshened bed each time I left the cabin. I especially enjoyed the lectures on all subjects presented - few other lines offer this type of informative talks plus the wonderful planetarium presentations.

The only thing I found unusual was the more or less "sidewalk sale" of half prices clothing in the lovely main hallway. This just didn't match the POSH activities and overall feeling of the ship. I did purchase a lovely blouse, but still found it a bit odd to have marked down clothing on sale in the main hallway. Most lines do their bargain sales up on the pool deck or some special time in an unused diningroom. So it goes! No complaints - loved it all.

Publication Date: 08/21/13