Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Senior Single: Senior lady loved the voyage

Senior Single
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Transatlantic Cruises

Senior lady loved the voyage

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my first Cunard cruise, and I loved every minute. I have cruised since 1949, and now do five a year. My sheltered balcony was pleasant, but weather was a bit chilly to make use of it often. I appreciated the half-bottle of sparkling wine in the cabin upon arrival - a nice touch not seen on prior cruises. Pardon, this is not a "cruise" but a trans-Atlantic "voyage". I found the cabin very spacious for a single traveller, ample closet space, a fine little refrigerator, great TV coverage on the Captains Log channel with background music, and perfect service from my steward with new towels and freshened bed each time I left the cabin. I especially enjoyed the lectures on all subjects presented - few other lines offer this type of informative talks plus the wonderful planetarium presentations.

The only thing I found unusual was the more or less "sidewalk sale" of half prices clothing in the lovely main hallway. This just didn't match the POSH activities and overall More feeling of the ship. I did purchase a lovely blouse, but still found it a bit odd to have marked down clothing on sale in the main hallway. Most lines do their bargain sales up on the pool deck or some special time in an unused diningroom. So it goes! No complaints - loved it all. Less

Read more Queen Mary 2 (QM2) cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review >>

Cabin review: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Premium Balcony - Sheltered Deck 6 6247

Very adequate closet space, ample hangers in each, large size safe, request for blanket rather than duvet immediately done, always feshened by steward, couldn't ask for more.