Carnival Dream Cruise Review by KBfromNC

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 8C

Carnival Dream

We have cruised Carnival a few times and have always had a great time. Had a great time on the Dream as well but noticed a few changes. The ship itself is awesome!!

Food was very good and if you cant find SOMETHING to eat that you like, its YOUR problem, not Carnivals. There are so many options available. Our dining staff was excellent and the Head Maitre d Shane was AWESOME!! He was so funny and the dining staff performed some fun routines every night!! I loved it!! :o)

I must say, I was surprised at how casual some folks were dressed in the dining room. I guess I'm used to the days when even on informal nights, folks still managed to wear casual/dress wear. Some folks showed up in tee shirts, shorts and sneakers for dinner and that to me is more Lido deck wear NOT dining room wear. Its not just Carnival as I'm reading this same observation on other cruise lines as well. It was disappointing to see how sloppy some folks looked in the dining room but I guess that's the new norm. :o(

Pool area was very spacious BUT the pools are way too small to accommodate all the guests. Slide looked like a LOT of fun. Poolside entertainment was fun!!

Jaime the cruise director was excellent!! Her side kick Gumby was hysterical!! The entertainment on the ship was good (at times very Glee like). The lead female singer Janea Luongo (sp??) was EXCELLENT!! She had one of the most beautiful voices I have ever heard. She should ditch Carnival for Broadway, she's THAT good. The break dancing hip hop show was AMAZING!! That is NOT to be missed!! Comedy Zone was GREAT!! ALL the acts we saw were SO funny and Jeff the Fun Dude was a great host!! He was great about finding a seat for everyone who wanted to see the show. Get there early as the lines to get in were down the staircase.

Casino was VERY smokey. At times SO smokey that you could barely breathe just walking thru. YUCK :o(

Meet the Captain was disappointing. It seemed unorganized. I'm from the old days when you went to Meet the Captain at the Formal Night cocktail party, he introduced himself and staff on stage and talked a bit about himself/them. This was a lame meet and greet and drinks were NOT included. We got to shake his hand and talk a bit but that was about it. He didn't speak at this event. Apparently the first night of sailing he did a "meet the captain" but we missed it as we were used to that happening on Formal Night. :o(

Funship Freddy was NO WHERE to be found. I missed seeing him walking around and being at the events. From what I'm to learn he has been assigned to kid camp only and is no longer a regular figure walking around the ship ;o( Boo...I loved him ;o)

Ports of call were good BUT we didn't have enough time, in my opinion, to really get out and enjoy the area. We were in ports for like 6 hours and sometimes we were only able to stay at a beach for 2 hours before we had to get back in time for ships curfew.

Rooms were very comfortable and Carnival certainly does a great job utilizing small spaces. Balcony was awesome!! Cabin attendant was really good and took care of all our needs.

We had a great time and ship was beautiful. Carnival has never disappointed us and anything negative I wrote was just an observation but would in no way prevent us from sailing Carnival again. If you're going on the Dream, have a wonderful time!! :o)

Publication Date: 08/22/13