Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sapphire2810

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sapphire2810
Norwegian Breakaway
Norwegian Breakaway
Member Name: sapphire2810
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bermuda

Breakawy to Bermuda August 4th, 2013

I live in the Bronx so my trip to the port was about 25 minutes I arrived at port around 10:30 a.m check in was a breeze it was all done in less than 10 minutes. By 11:30 I was ready to go on board. I was greeted by friendly staff as we boarded.

I was in a studio cabin 11507, I had read about how small they were and the lack of storage, in my opinion the room was very functional. My luggage was delivered to my cabin before 5.

I was able to store everything without any problem. I loved the studio lounge, had our first meeting in studio lounge at 6 p.m day 1 it was a small group but we soon got together for dinner and other activities that night and I always met up with 1 or 2 of the other solos in the studio lounge.

In the morning I had my first cup of coffee there before heading to garden cafe for breakfast, and it was the place to get together with other solo cruisers. The studio lounge was a big hit for me, I got to meet lots of great people.

Food was good, went to Manhattan room, Savor, Sushi Bar, and the Cirque of Dreams

I loved Burn the floor, so much energy in the dances, enjoyed Rock of Ages, Slam Allen, enjoyed Headliners, Bliss lounge, Spice H2O in the day time as well as the nightly events. Dancing with the Breakaway Stars was awesome!

The ship is amazing, great decor, love the spa, thermal pool and sauna, ceramic loungers, lots of activities throughout the day and night, most people find it to be too big, I guess since living in NYC and living on an 18th floor it seemed quit fine to me, the few times I felt it was over crowded was on sea days by the pool, but their was plenty of places you could go and find a spot, another was the night of the fireworks seems like the whole ship was trying to get into Spice H2O that was a bit chaotic, after fireworks people leaving and others trying to get into Spice H2O for the next event. Everyone using same stairs and elevators instead of walking to front of the ship.

The pools to small for ship size, and toooo deep, most people were holding onto the sides, why?? the need for 6' 8" it's not like they were many 7' tall cruisers can't quite understand that.

In all I had a great time, always found something to do.

Would I cruise on Breakaway again, yes I would.

Publication Date: 08/21/13