Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review by sapphire2810: Breakawy to Bermuda August 4th, 2013

sapphire2810
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Norwegian Breakaway Bermuda Cruises

Breakawy to Bermuda August 4th, 2013

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

I live in the Bronx so my trip to the port was about 25 minutes I arrived at port around 10:30 a.m check in was a breeze it was all done in less than 10 minutes. By 11:30 I was ready to go on board. I was greeted by friendly staff as we boarded.

I was in a studio cabin 11507, I had read about how small they were and the lack of storage, in my opinion the room was very functional. My luggage was delivered to my cabin before 5.

I was able to store everything without any problem. I loved the studio lounge, had our first meeting in studio lounge at 6 p.m day 1 it was a small group but we soon got together for dinner and other activities that night and I always met up with 1 or 2 of the other solos in the studio lounge.

In the morning I had my first cup of coffee there before heading to garden cafe for breakfast, and it was the place to get together with other solo cruisers. The studio lounge was a big hit for me, I got to meet lots of great people.

Food More was good, went to Manhattan room, Savor, Sushi Bar, and the Cirque of Dreams

I loved Burn the floor, so much energy in the dances, enjoyed Rock of Ages, Slam Allen, enjoyed Headliners, Bliss lounge, Spice H2O in the day time as well as the nightly events. Dancing with the Breakaway Stars was awesome!

The ship is amazing, great decor, love the spa, thermal pool and sauna, ceramic loungers, lots of activities throughout the day and night, most people find it to be too big, I guess since living in NYC and living on an 18th floor it seemed quit fine to me, the few times I felt it was over crowded was on sea days by the pool, but their was plenty of places you could go and find a spot, another was the night of the fireworks seems like the whole ship was trying to get into Spice H2O that was a bit chaotic, after fireworks people leaving and others trying to get into Spice H2O for the next event. Everyone using same stairs and elevators instead of walking to front of the ship.

The pools to small for ship size, and toooo deep, most people were holding onto the sides, why?? the need for 6' 8" it's not like they were many 7' tall cruisers can't quite understand that.

In all I had a great time, always found something to do.

Would I cruise on Breakaway again, yes I would. Less

Read more Norwegian Breakaway cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Breakaway Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Breakaway 11507

Studio cabin closet were small but functional, it's a matter of being organized, I had a few organizers with me. Store luggage under the bed. The square table I put against wall under the phone served as a night table. And it also a good storage spot for small things. I placed all toiletries on shelves. The bed is very comfortable.The toilet area is very small can quite close the door, flushing is a bit delayed, the sink is small and when you wash face or brush teeth some water falls on the floor these things have to do with poor design not much that you can do about it at this point. But these things did not ruin my cruise I was there to have a good time and that is just what happened.

While in port I purchased the 3 day bus and ferry pass to go to Horseshoe Bay Beach, Hamilton, St. George and Elbow Beach. It was the best way to see the Island.

Last port day I stayed local.

People are all very friendly.

The clock tower mall needs a bit of an upgrade considering they did so much work on the dock I was disappointed to see that lots of the local vendors were gone.