Seven Seas Mariner 3

Cruise review of Seven Seas Mariner

mfar
Member Since 2013

Overall Member Rating

Our cabin was spacious,the bathrooms and closets are good size. The route was fantastic with enough stop time at each port to explorer and have a good time. The ship is old and need some renovation it is however in a good shape but no WOW factors. Most of the carpet is old, stained and need to be replaced. The complimentary washers and dryers was a nice touch.

Temperature is kept very cold in most of the ship and in middle of summer, most women had their sweaters on. Complaining to staff about the temperature did not help.Our first dinner was at the Signature restaurant, it was kept so cold that we couldn't enjoy our meal. Prime 7 restaurant was however kept at normal temperature and food was superb! and service was excellent. We also went to Compass Rose restaurant 3 times, first 2 times, we got good food and service, the third night service was slow and food was tasteless.

The excursions are handled/managed poorly. They get everybody out in the bottom of the ship More and you have to wait in long lines to get numbers and assignment. This is the worst experience I have had in terms of getting on any excursion. They could easily assigned different time to different activities to prevent the bottle neck and the chaos.

I am not impressed with the entertainment, I have seen much better in Celebrity or even Carnival ships.

House keeping is fantastic, our butler and the 2 guys that maintain our room do a great job.Fresh linen every day.

Overall when I compare this experience with the 2 cruises I took with the Celebrity Cruise line, I must say with Celebrity, we got better experience for a lot less money. Less

Seven Seas Mariner Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Penthouse Suite

Spend a night in the Hilton hotel in Venice which was arranged as part of the trip with, It was fun, we got on the ship next day at 1:00

Read 892 Venice Reviews

Published 08/21/13

Helpful? Thank mfar
Read Cruise Critic's Seven Seas Mariner Review

Seven Seas Mariner Cruises to the Western Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?