Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by the vacationers: 1st and last Carnival Cruise!

the vacationers
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Breeze Western Caribbean Cruises

1st and last Carnival Cruise!

Sail Date: July 2013

We have cruised before however aboard Royal Caribbean and we were very please with their service and standards.

No where on the Carnival Breeze were we able to order a bottle of Corona beer unless they poured it into a glass...the staff were rude about it and none of them could really explain why...1 bar person told us it was because it was in a glass bottle, however others were seen carrying glass beer bottles without any issues...another bartender told us it was because the lime gets pushed inside the bottle and when they recycle the bottles no one was there to take the limes out...My husband and I don't drink frozen sweet drinks but we do drink Corona..so that was start...even in the dining room where people had bottles of wine at their tables, still not able to provide us with a cold bottle of Corona..absolutely riduculous..

Every morning between 8 and 8:30 am they would vacuum out in the hallway banging the vacuum head against our door waking us each and every More day...One morning I opened the door and told the women to ssshhh...she just laughed a me...seriously..

Breakfast buffet was so lined up and people butting in constantly every single day.

Getting on and off the ship at Ports again no employees or ropes to prevent butting in..

Dinners at Sapphire were nothing more than a pre cooked meal...with different servers almost every night..

There was a horrible smell of sewage when sun tanning on the 9th or 10th floors towards the back of the ship..

Most staff didn't know what was available and what wasn't..one night we asked at a bar for a special coffee (with alcohol) and were told no where on the ship these were available, however the coffee bar right behind that bar, did provide special coffee..

We finally found 1 bartender who would allow us to have our Corona in the bottle as long as 1. we did not push the lime into the bottle and 2. we sat right there at that bar..absolutely riduculous...

Finally they decided to charge all 3 of us $92.00 each for gratuity charge on our sign & sail bill, which I am disputing as I was tipping both the bartender and coffee shop lady the only 2 people on that ship that went out of their way to assist us..the rest deserve their paycheques only...sneaky way to charge, yep not at all pleased..

The food was just ok, if Guy knew just how greasy and unpresenting those burgers they were flinging out where he won't not be pleased..and I will attempt to try and let him know just how disgusting they were..

Totally disgusted in this cruiseline and will never use them again.

We are a very well travelled family but have never experienced anything like this before... Less

Read more Carnival Breeze cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Breeze Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Breeze 9347

Great balcony, nice to enjoy the outside and watch the water go by, however between the women vacuuming every morning at 8 - 8:30 am slamming the vacuum head against our stateroom door waking us every friggin morning, was not pleasant and furthermore she was very rude when I tried to ask her to ssshhh! she laughed at me and it was 8:30 am...really rude and disrespectfull...most employees spoke very little english couldn't understand what they were saying.