Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by roch2

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: H
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bermuda Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Nice & Relaxing

Me and my hubby took this cruise to celebrate our 10th anniversary. This is our 5th cruise and it was very relaxing for us.

The food was good. Although, the Windjammer did not have the variety of food that I am used to based on other cruises I have taken. The selections were the same each day with a few different dishes thrown in.

The staff was friendly. The cruise and activities directors were entertaining and friendly.

Public restrooms did not flush completely - waste did not always go down after first flush - felt like I was always flushing for the person that went ahead of me.

Ship was not overcrowded and I was thankful for that.

Lots of small children, but we still had a good time.

Dress code for dining room is not followed. On my first cruise I brought a gown and dressed very formal but after seeing how the rules are not followed by all I scaled back a lot. Why have rules if you are going to allow folks to come into the dining room in shorts anyway.

Why tell folks not to save seats (in theater and around pool) and not enforce it. I saw towels on almost all the chairs around the pool one day. Nobody in these chairs and the pool was not crowded.

This was the first cruise where I saw maintenance workers in jumpsuits working each day. I think it's due to the repairs after the fire in May. That's probably why we smelled paint fumes in our stateroom RC was still making repairs.

Publication Date: 08/20/13