Carnival Glory Cruise Review by MrBanana1240

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: MrBanana1240
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
        13-15 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Carnival Glory to Canada- My review

Why we took this cruise: Our original plan was to go to Niagara Falls in Canada, but after looking at costs, this cruise was cheaper. The port was 2 hours from the Poconos, so we drove from Maryland, stayed one night in the Poconos, and drove out for the cruise.

Embarkation: The most disorganized port. EVER. My child's school has a bigger drop off circle. It was scattered everywhere. Honestly, I wasn't comfortable leaving my suitcase with them. They had huge hotel carts and were throwing bags around and screaming at people to give them their bags. The lines were long, but moved much faster than Baltimore. We got on the gangway, onto the ship.

First views: We walked into the atrium. It was the most beautiful atrium that I have ever seen. We were on at about 1:00, so our cabin was open (opens at 12:30). We had an interior cabin. It was on the 10th deck and had no movement whatsoever. I loved our room. Right by the pool. The pool deck was beautiful. We had a great time. Note: Loud, loud music. The Seaside theater is very loud. So beware.

Food: We LOVED it! I had a Guy's burger everyday. Lava cakes are my favorite. They had lots of soups in the dining room. I suggest all of them. All but the sweet potato I liked. If you are in the Platinum Dining Room, go to deck 4, walk through the Golden Restaurant, then at the aft stairs go down to the lower level or stay on 4 if that is your level. The galley is between the Platinum and Golden. It's dumb, I know, but that I found to be the easiest way there.

Sea Day: It got to about 80, plus the strong Atlantic wind gusts, made it very cold. However, people still swam and sunbathed. You could have, but the wind bothered me, therefore I didn't. I stayed inside, filmed, and enjoyed the day. There were lots of activities inside. We also went to the show. It was great. the Funship 2.0 renovations really added to the amazing shows.

St. John, New Brunswick: We docked there and you could see the tides changing from the ship. We went on our excursion (see St. Martins section) and got back and walked around the city. If you want a really cool picture, then walk a couple blocks down the street, make a left at the vendors market, and keep walking until you can see the lighthouse. You can get a really cool picture of the ship and lighthouse.

St. Martin's, New Brunswick: It was beautiful. We went inside the caves and had a great time. The views are phenomenal and you can see Nova Scotia from St. Martin's, so it's really cool. I recommend going if you get the option

Halifax, Nova Scotia: Very pretty port to dock at, not much to do around the ship, so prepared to walk a lot. We visited the Titanic graves. It was amazing. We saw the J. Dawson grave, and it was just marvelous. Please if you can check it out.

Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia: It was simply beautiful. We saw so much. It was such a pretty town and we saw so much. We enjoyed the lighthouse and the little village. This was my favorite part of the trip. I really loved it. You should go if you get the chance.

Last Day at Sea: We just enjoyed the ship. Went to the future cruise talk. The future cruise officer I thought was rude and came across as a know-it-all. So beware.

Hot Tub Incident: They were closed the whole cruise. They told us it was scheduled maintenance and there would be no recompense. But they told one of our table mates that it had to be dry-docked and will be fixed in dry-dock and will be out until then. Well it was dry-docked 10 months ago, so I highly doubt they would cancel cruises to fix some hot tubs. Either way someone was lied to. That is one of the highlights of a cruise, and I was upset to have it taken away from me, let alone lied to.

Crew: 5 stars. They went out of their way to make my vacation special. I loved the crew. They did not live down their high expectations. The crew makes the cruise. I swear if you hate every aspect of Carnival, you will love the crew.

Overall: I would take this cruise. It was a beautiful ship and the destinations were amazing. It had its bumps, but it was amazing and I suggest that you should take a Canada cruise soon!!

Publication Date: 08/18/13