Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review by grooveo: Where, oh where, did our Celebrity go?

grooveo
Member Since 2005

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Celebrity Solstice Alaska Cruises

Where, oh where, did our Celebrity go?

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

We've been loyal Celebrity cruisers for several years now. Sadly, this cruise may have ended that. The attention to detail that we've enjoyed on many Celebrity cruises is apparently gone.

When we arrived,our stateroom looked lovely and clean. After spending a few minutes in it, we began to discover things. We found vitamins from previous guests on the floor. The tray that held toiletries had a wet sludge at the bottom of it (gross!). Many other little things showed that someone had spent as little time as possible our on cabin.

The first time in the dining room, I found a long hair in my appetizer. I sent it back. My entree came, and sure enough...another hair! We never went back to the dining room.

The Elite member lounge was wonderful, and Chandru was fantastic! At least we had a good breakfast there each morning.

The staff was just about as apathetic as they could be.

Alaska was so beautiful, but I don't think that I would ever go back More on the Solstice. And to think that she used to be my favorite ship! Less

Read more Celebrity Solstice cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Solstice Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Solstice Deluxe Oceanveiw Stateroom Continental Deck (6) 8285

8285 was great, though the balcony wasn't as large as expected. Quiet.

We rented a van and drove in to the Yukon. Spectacular!

Read 644 Skagway Reviews