“Carnival Freedom is not an ugly ship”
Cruise review of Carnival Freedom

Jervan2010 Carnival Freedom 4 Carnival Freedom is not an ugly ship
Jervan2010
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I would like to say that others have stated the Carnival Freedom is sooo ugly.That is not true. It is the typical style of decor of many other Carnival ships. My family and I thought the ship was attractive.

We had a very nice cruise. However, I have seen over the years that Canival is short changing the customers--cutting corners wherever possible.

For example, the shows are not as elaborate as they used to be. There is no longer a midnight buffet. The visits to the ports are waaay too short!!! What haappend to the long days in some ports where we left late in the evening? I guess Carnival wants to keep the guests on board to spend more money on the ship. Beacause of these very short days my family refused to spend any money on the ship in protest.

The waiters in the dining room and the room stewarts are not nearly as attentive as they used to be. The food selections in the dining room are not as appealing or as tasty as they used to be. What happened to the caribbean themes in the dining room or poolside.? It's non existent. No more caribean bands --all DJ's poolside now.

I must say however that the food selectons on the Lido deck for lunch are fantastic. There are so many choices of such delicious food.

We had a couple of small problems, elayed departure because the anchor could not raised due to power problem, no water one morning because the pipe broke. However these problems were minor and were repaired quickly. They did not negatively affect our cruise.

I feel that Carnival has not improved it's ships over the years. It's the same old looking ship design. Pools waaay too small--same old water slide. When are they going to get more progressive and do something new? The competition is passing them by leaps and bounds.

My next cruise will be on the competitor's ship. I want to see if they have cut corners as much as Carnival has.

Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8D6378
My daughters were in cabin 6378. Inside stateroom on Upper deck. They were very unhappy with the noise level. They were over a night club and could here every song, bass, etc. -- all the noise from the nightclub affected their sleeping. They complained to the Purser's Desk.

We had a great time in Grand Cayman. We went off on our own. Took a Taxi to the beach where we spend our day relaxing in a cabana and swimming in the beautiful clear water. Water sports were available to rent from the beach. It was a very short ride to the beach. Food was also availabe to purchase. Only $4 per person cab ride.

Unfortunately, because the ship left at 4p.m., we did not have time to explore more of Grand Cayman.

Dunn's River Falls

I enjoyed the boat ride to the falls. I did not enjoy the falls so much because our guide insisted upon taking up the middle of the falls away from the wall. I felt that was more dangerous because there was nothing to hold onto but each other.

Published 08/18/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Freedom Review
Carnival Freedom Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?