Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Jervan2010

Carnival Freedom
Member Name: Jervan2010
Cruise Date: August 2013
Cabin Category: 8D
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 4.0

Carnival Freedom is not an ugly ship

I would like to say that others have stated the Carnival Freedom is sooo ugly.That is not true. It is the typical style of decor of many other Carnival ships. My family and I thought the ship was attractive.

We had a very nice cruise. However, I have seen over the years that Canival is short changing the customers--cutting corners wherever possible.

For example, the shows are not as elaborate as they used to be. There is no longer a midnight buffet. The visits to the ports are waaay too short!!! What haappend to the long days in some ports where we left late in the evening? I guess Carnival wants to keep the guests on board to spend more money on the ship. Beacause of these very short days my family refused to spend any money on the ship in protest.

The waiters in the dining room and the room stewarts are not nearly as attentive as they used to be. The food selections in the dining room are not as appealing or as tasty as they used to be. What happened to the caribbean themes in the dining room or poolside.? It's non existent. No more caribean bands --all DJ's poolside now.

I must say however that the food selectons on the Lido deck for lunch are fantastic. There are so many choices of such delicious food.

We had a couple of small problems, elayed departure because the anchor could not raised due to power problem, no water one morning because the pipe broke. However these problems were minor and were repaired quickly. They did not negatively affect our cruise.

I feel that Carnival has not improved it's ships over the years. It's the same old looking ship design. Pools waaay too small--same old water slide. When are they going to get more progressive and do something new? The competition is passing them by leaps and bounds.

My next cruise will be on the competitor's ship. I want to see if they have cut corners as much as Carnival has.

Publication Date: 08/18/13