Ryndam Cruise Review by Buccleuch69: You pay for what you get

Buccleuch69
Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Ryndam Baltic Sea Cruises

You pay for what you get

Sail Date: June 2013
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Dover

Perhaps the American connection lets things down but everything was about money and HAL's determination to relieve passengers of as much as the filthy lucre as they could. Pure greed! London West end prices for drinks on board even when in international waters, despite the fact that all supplies are probably purchased ex-bond and duty free.

Although comparatively old, the ship was clean and well maintained, and the chief officer should be complemented on the state of the ship.

My partner and I were not too interested in the evening entertainment, with the exception of the classical violin and piano combo in the Crow's-nest bar who played really well.

We found the standard of food to be very good and always pleasing.

The itinerary was good - Dover , Oslo, Christiansand, Stavanger, Ulvic, Dover - and enjoyable

The mainly far eastern restaurant and hospitality crew were very good and friendly but you could be forgiven the feeling that any crew More member making a single mistake would be flogged or, at the very least, never re-hired. I'm not saying that they were ill-treated but there was an atmosphere that I found unacceptable.

Consequently, it may be a long time before I sail with HAL again. Less

Read more Ryndam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ryndam Review >>

Cabin review: Ryndam Large Fully Obstructed Oceanview Lower Promenade

We had an outboard forward cabin on Promenade Deck Level. The cabin was comfortable, though not spacious but had all we needed (just two). Engine noise was not a problem and we generally slept well, except on the return leg across the North Sea when choppy weather gave my wife (but not me) a bit of a sleepless night.

City Tour

(3)

It rained and rained and rained. But that's no-one's fault. The tour was OK but Oslo is such a small town that you could probably get as much by walking with a good guide book. Unless like me you are lazy too.

Vigeland Sculpture Park

(4)

If you are into sculpture, great. If not you will probably still enjoy the experience.