Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by JRA1708

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: SF
See More About: Norwegian Pearl Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Perfect Cruise to Alaska!

I have been on 5 Cruises, this being my 5th. DH this was his 1st. I have previously sailed with Carnival, and decided it was time to make a change. So glad we picked the NCL Pearl! I picked an SF Aft Penthouse Suite, due to the fact that DH in a little claustrophobic. We LOVED the Suite and the Perks that went with it. When we arrived at the dock, we were wisked away from the long lines and were sitting in Cagney's eating lunch I swear in no more that ten minutes. Our room was ready by 1:00pm, and I was sitting on the balcony drinking coffee from our Lavazza Machine by 1:30pm.

The Pearl is showing a little age, but she is still a Beautiful ship. Very clean and Very well kept. The Staff is great, and we loved the Washy Washy Girls. Our Concierge Patrick, Butler Dilip and Room Steward Roy were very good and efficient. If we asked, we got it..pronto! I requested that one of the lounge chairs on the Balcony be removed because I thought four chairs for two people were a little much and kept us from leaning on the railing due to space issues. I swear that I blinked, and it was gone. Yes..that good! I have read here on CC about food issues. We ate 3 Breakfasts at Cagney's and the rest at the Garden Cafe. All had very tasty food, and yes, even the Garden Cafe's food was GOOD! We ate at 2 specialty restaurants, Moderno-EXCELLENT and Le Bisto-Good. DH is a non-alchohol drinker, but I like mixed drinks and had one or two nightly. I thought the prices were fare, but they were light on the alcohol portions I thought.

The Entertainment I would have to say was ABOVE Average. Oh What a Night was really good, boy can they sing. Jeff Hobson the magician was very good, and so was Michael Ziegfeld the Ventriloquist. Went to the White Hot Party in the Spinnaker, it was fun. Actually went to quite a few shows in the Spinnaker Lounge, all very entertaining. We did not do any Bingo, Deal or No Deal or Trivia games. Not because we didn't want to but just because we scheduled poorly.

The Casino was nice, small..but nice. Both DH and I entered the Slot Tournament, and I came in 3rd or 4th in the finals. DH on the last day of our cruise actually won a Progressive on a penny slot "Quickhit" machine. There goes my theory that NO ONE wins big on a cruise!

Port's..Juneau was nice, we did Mendenhall Glacier and Salmon bake. Note: def do the trek to Nugget Falls, yes it's a long hike, but worth it. Salmon Bake, the food was good. DH loved it.

Skagway-Favorite port, we did White Pass Railway 3.5 hr ride. Scenery made the trip. Note: 3.5 hrs was pretty long, can't imagine doing the 8 hr ride. Grizzly Falls Zipline- by far the BEST excursion I have ever been on. Start to finish it was GREAT! Guides were very good, and always made you feel comfortable.

Ketchikan- Deadliest Catch Tour- it was OK. The crew was nice and informative, but idk it was just meh...

Victoria BC- We just caught a shuttle into town and walked around for a couple hrs. The Town is pretty, and very touristy.

All in all...we had an AWESOME cruise. The weather was perfect all week. I did a pretty extensive review on the NCL site here on CC with pictures. I will not hesitate to book with NCL again. In fact I am booked on the Gem for this Dec. 2013, this time in a 2 Bedroom Haven Suite. I enjoyed NCL from their Staff and Crew to the beautiful Pearl and would def recommend it to EVERYONE!

Publication Date: 08/18/13