Ocean Princess Cruise Review by dramamamamari

Cruise Date: October 2012
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)
Destination: Middle East
Cabin Category: F
See More About: Ocean Princess Cruise Reviews | Middle East Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Spa & Fitness 5+

Ship Facts: Ocean Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Ocean Princess Deck Plans
Wonderous and Mind Blowing

My friend with whom I have traveled many times told me she had booked a trip on the Ocean Princess and would I like to accompany her. I checked the website and told my husband in complete dismay that the trip was TWENTY-EIGHT days. He said, "Go. Go. Have a good time." And to show what a great guy he is, I was gone for our 25th wedding anniversary, and he gave me the trip as a gift.

I can't begin to describe what a wonderful time it was. The Ocean Princess is a smaller ship and seeing so many people so often made it seem like one big family. The ports of call were wondrous. I did very little homework in preparation for this trip, so seeing the Lost City of Petra in Jordan and Luxor, Egypt with no expectations made it more amazing for me. Almost all of our ports were Princess Excursions and they were all well done.

The staff of the ship could not have been better. I even got a haircut in the salon and swear it was one of the best haircuts of my life.

We had many sea day, and the ship planned so many fun events. I joined the pop choir and had so much fun. I love to sing, and we performed at one of the last shows.

I also feel that seeing the Middle East in this way was safe and educational. I had such a fabulous time that I booked a trip for my husband and I while on the ship for our 26th wedding anniversary. We are sailing transatlantic this October from Northhampton to Fort Lauderdale. My husband loves history and we will take the Princess excursion of Normandy. We also both love the sea days and cannot wait to see what Princess has planned for us this trip.

Publication Date: 08/18/13