Costa Serena Cruise Review by FinlandLapland: Costa Serena cruise

Costa Serena cruise

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

We cruised with Costa Serena to Civitaveccia,Olbia,Palma de Mallorca,Ibiza and Toulon.The last port should have been Marseille,but was changed because of the weather. That was a disappointment. Anyway,this was our first cruise,and I'm glad we choose this one.Many places to visit, cabin with balcony, all inclusive :) For one of us,the meal service wasn't what he expected, he waited more variety for the meals. I was satisfied though,even I look very closely what I put in to my mouth. You don't get starved in your trip,you could eat almost at any time you wanted.

When the ship arrives to the land,there's no horry. All day long the transfer goes on,and you have plenty of time to explore everything. That's why we choose not to take any excursions,we didn't want to ''relax with a clock'' .

The crew on Costa Serena was awesome! They are always ready to serve and help,even they're English wasn't 10+,and that was something I noticed every place we visited. That is why I More wouldn't recommend this cruise (or any other cruise on Mediterian sea) to someone who doesn't speak English.

Most of the people were Italian. They know how to enjoy and have fun! You can't see many children on board,and my opinion is,that this cruise wasn't made for them. Lots of partying and lots of alcohol,which didn't mind me,even I don't drink.

I loved the ship! So beautiful and luxurious,clean and big,many things to do! Staff was cleaning and serving all the time,with a smile :) despite few ''angry birds'' I liked the staff.

All together, I would go back if I had a chance! The only thing I didn't like,was the buss transfer from/to Milano-Savona-Milano. It was so long way,and we didn't stop to have a break when we traveled from Milano to Savona. It was a scary road and driver drived so fast. But otherwise this cruise was awesome experience! Less

Read more Costa Serena cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Serena Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Serena 6284

Cabin was large enough,very beautiful with balcany. It was always cleaned when we came back from somewhere!