“Great Itinerary. First time on Princess, but was not impressed.”
Cruise review of Coral Princess

Travelgrandma10 Coral Princess 4 Great Itinerary. First time on Princess, but was not impressed.
Travelgrandma10
Member Since 2013
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

My sister and I went on this cruise, booking it about 1 month before departure. We stayed at the Hampton Inn near the airport and got the Vancouver shuttle to the cruise port which was very reasonable ($14 each), I was not impressed with the Hampton Inn- stay at the Holiday Inn down the road instead.

Embarkation was easy and painless. We got there early, so we had to wait about 45 minutes before boarding.

We booked an ocean view cabin and they gave us a balcony which was wonderful!! However our bags didn't make it to the room and we had to hunt for them.

Customer Service- I had $100 shipboard credit for military and $100 credit for stockholder, however they only had one, so I had to prove both.

Food- The Horizon Court was crowded and didn't offer a lot of variety. There was not enough seating, so we ate in the regular dining room several times to avoid the herd. However, the salads were good. Food in the main dining room was ok, but not great. The service was quick, but the waiters were not real friendly. I've had much better service on the other cruise lines.

Misc - Bring your own hairdryer as the one in the stateroom was old and slow! We attended the 7 am stretch several times and the instructor acted like he want to be someplace else. We talked to several couples doing the turn around (Whittier to Vancouver) and they got a real bargain!

Entertainment - the productions shows were great and we enjoyed the first night of Bobby Brooks Wilson, but the second night was virtually the same show. The cruise director was the worse I have seen.

Educational seminars - Material was good, but the expert, Dr. Ryan, couldn't stay focused. We were very disappointed in his presentations. He also pushed the ship's shore excursions until we were nauseous.

Ship- Ship was spotless and the cabin steward was wonderful. Princess was always trying to sell you something, but that's fairly standard.

Disembarkation - Smooth and painless. We took a shore excursion that also dropped us at the airport which was a good bargain.

Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

BGD216
Great location. Shower is small and I'm a small person. I like the was Princess does the closet and there was adequate storage room.

City Tour

Tour and tour guide, Clifford, were excellent. We learned a lot about Juneau, saw a lot of the city and Mendenhall Glacier.

Mendenhall Glacier

Mendenhall Glacier is beautiful and we had a beautiful day to see it. Would had liked more time at the glacier.

Yukon Van Tour

We had a great tour and tour guide, Brian. He gave us a detailed account of the Yukon gold rush and the history associated with it. The pass was fogged in, but it's Alaska. I highly recommend Shore Excursions and Brian.

Port

We took the Portage Glacier tour and the drop off at the airport. We really got to see the glacier up close. Great tour and I highly recommend it.

Published 08/14/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Coral Princess Review
Coral Princess Cruises to Alaska
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?