Carnival Pride Cruise Review by CrusingKid

Cabin Category: 4E
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Wonderful Pride Vacation

Background...This was our second cruise, our first was in 1997 on the Carnival Destiny for our honeymoon. Fast forward 16 yrs later my wife and I along with out twin boys(11) are on our second cruise on the Carnival Pride out of Baltimore.

I must say I have been planning this trip for about 6 months now and have been lurking a lot on this site soaking up has much information that I can.Thank you.

Baltimore Port..I don't think its can get any easier than this..drive in the lot, follow the signs, pay and park can't ask for anything easier.

Made our way to the terminal, had all cruise document ready and was on board the ship in about 30 mins or less, I think the longest wait was in the parking lot.

CC..tips that helped me..

1..Time I arrive at the port was about 12:30

2..Passports for the two of us and original birth certificate for the boys.

Once on board, I won't touch on the decor of the ship but the statue by David Steakhouse is interesting to say the least..we follow the crowd and made it to the lido deck, where you can find has much food has you would like.After eating we stated to explore, now if you are new to cruising like me you will get tired "exploring" because you will be walking and walking and walking just looking around and trying to discover what you can find.

Cabin #6325, located on deck 6 all the way to the back of the ship, very last stateroom before you get to the aft balcony cabins.Twin bed put together to make one and two pullmans..one on either side of the the upper walls...you are basically sandwich between the two upper bunks..

Very quiet area of the ship, far from the elevators and no one running in the halls. Agung our stateroom steward was the best, he and his helper remember our names throughout the cruise.

Having experience this I won't book and interior again for the 4 of us, either 2 interior or a balcony..

First sea day, a nice relaxing day..plenty to do throughout the day,lots of food and some pretty good shows presented throughout the day and night.

Second sea day...about 10:30 or so when I check my sail and sign 80.50 gratuity was to the bill for each of us..I expected it so no surprise there, throughout the day guest services had a line.

CC... tip that help me

1..Automatic service gratuity.

Port Canaveral...we decided to do Cocoa beach, had about 4 hrs on the beach after some shopping at Ron Jon surf shop, now right on the beach you can rent chairs and umbrellas for about $30.00 with a deposit which you get back once you return the chairs.Nice quiet day on the beach.

Nassau...we decided on the catamaran and snorkel tour, the boys enjoy it since they are great swimmers not so for me or my wife..I think i drank more salt water than I ever did before..I did it but sure won't be doing it back again.

Freeport....we decided on the island tour with the brewery, fun learning about the island with the tour you make the stops...one at the perfume factory, another at the straw market and the last one is the the local brewery where after the tour you get to sample beers that they make.

Now, all of the excursion were book onboard which is pretty easy to do BUT you can also book it inside the terminal with private tour companies.

CC..tip that helped me

1. Book on board, easier and safer

Over all we had a great cruise, the ship itself is old, need some TLC for sure but Josh, Sassy and the other bloke who host the comedy club really made it a fun cruise.

Food..plentiful, I think me and my wife put on a few pounds with all the great dessert that you can try,kids they can eat anything and not gain a pound.

We had ATD and it worked out great for us, fast service except for one night.

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake..Nuff said.

CC..tip that help me

1. Order more than one entree and appetizer .

Entertainment....wasn't bad, the shows were ok but the comedy club makes up for it.They usually have family friendly comedy where it involved the kids but after that it adults and its hard core, you are warned before hand.

Now a few things..

1...Its summer season, kids are out of school..at one point on the first day one of the hot tubs had about 15 kids in it(including my boys)..so you have to expect this at this time of the yr.

2...Gratuity...80.50 x4 add up, some may think its too much but trust me by the end of your week you will see that the hard working crew that can remember your name,or remember what you like to eat or drink has earned it.

3...Cutting lines at the buffet, really if you see six people in aline waiting for omelets to get made won't you think we are there for a reason.

4....Wasteful...take what you can eat, trays are left on tables full with food.

Wonderful cruise, we had fun, we had sun and I had a very relaxing time..

Publication Date: 08/14/13