Oceana Cruise Review by chef58: WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN

WHY DON'T THEY LISTEN

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Southampton

This was our first time on the Oceana Marina.

The food was great. Storage in our cabin was to say the least "unusual" drawers up high, half drawers, sliding door closet that cannot be accessed if another person is there.

Stall shower and bathtub in bathroom.

No magnifying mirror and not enough light in bathroom.

plenty of fresh towels and products.

Very disappointed as others have said in the entertainment. Several times we walked out. At this age, the crowd is pretty sophisticated. To present, canned music and amateur dancers is A waste of time to an audience who have been exposed to professional shows.

Another reviewer said: "If you like to have dinner and then go to bed, this cruise is for you." One option is to select from a huge list of DVDs available.

Unlike the Crystal, they do not have a movie theater. Movies were promised on the outside deck weather permitting. The weather does not permit

When I cruise I More love shops that sell well made and unique foreign items. You will find Ralph Lauren and other uninteresting brands, at least to me.

Better show a movie if you have nothing worthwhile at show time.

The ship has purchased art work that is all over the ship. Some nice, others...........well in the eye of the beholder. Then again it's tax deductible.

The staff could not be more attentive. Everyone acknowledges you.

If the chef would only take my recipe for pancakes and french toast. Those are the only two items that need work. How difficult is that?

Having said all of this, we still intend to book again.

Now we know the field and what to expect, the good and bad.

And yes, by the way, some of the tours are a waste of time and money.

Research, research. There were some ports on this trip that would have been better to stay on board. Great cooking classes. Less

Read more Oceana cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oceana Review >>

Cabin review: Oceana 7098

Inconvenient location for closet. Two people cannot be there at the same time. Drawers, some high, some low, some half drawer. Every ship we have sailed has had better storage than Oceana. Nice balcony but I fear my next door neighbors were smoking. I cannot prove it, so why mention. There goes my sea air. Hallways were quiet and even though we were near elevators, we never heard them. Noise through the walls of our cabin was annoying but brief.They charge tokens in the laundry, so you have to put two dollars in the slot for a token for one wash or one dryer. So petty.And yes, these are things I would love to have changed but for the most part will be changed. I would love to have the CEO's spend time in the cabins and see what they think of the storage for a two week trip.One would think that I would not sail the Oceana again. We shall. Itineraries are very good.

Old Jameson Distillery

Powerscourt Gardens

One of the best on the trip. Private subtopical gardens. Distillery was interesting, but no bargains here. Better off buying at the airport duty free. I was on sale there.