Azamara Quest Cruise Review by elaan: A Bit Disappointing

A Bit Disappointing

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Dublin

Since my husband and never done "small ship luxury cruising" before we were both looking forward to experiencing this ship. I was disappointed from the time I stepped into the main lobby and saw only a small staircase going up to the next deck. The lobby was small and there was no glass elevator or soaring atrium. Our verandah cabin was a decent size, but the bathroom was extremely small. The verandah had nice furniture, but the table was much too large for the space. The entertainment was just okay. There seemed to be only one show per evening and it was usually at 9:45. The show lounge wasn't very large and since it was mainly one level it made it hard at times to see the show over people's heads. The show time was sometimes too late for us if we had really early shore excursions. I would like to have the option of an earlier show. The dining room was a good size and the service was great. Actually, everywhere the service was great. The food in the dining room was always More presented very nicely, but had absolutely no taste. Overall, I found that without thinking about and realizing it ahead of time, I missed the glitzy parts of the larger ships I have been on - the glass elevators, large lobbies with a bar, two story dining rooms (even the singing and dancing waiters) and the multi story show lounge. I didn't care for all of the dark wood on the ship. The daily fruit and flowers in the room were unimportant to me and just took up space. My husband and I are not big drinkers so the unlimited alcohol didn't matter to us either. If you like to drink, don't care for the glitz of some other ships, are really focused on great service, only want to see a handful of children and are at least 65 years old, this ship may be for you. Less

Published 08/15/13

Cabin review: V27048 Club Veranda Stateroom

7048 - very small bathroom lots of closet and drawer space

Read All Club Veranda Stateroom (V2) Reviews >>

City Tour

The city tour was just okay. We didn't stop at the Titanic Memorial, which I thought was strange, yet we stopped quickly to take a picture of Queens's College and the graffiti people draw regarding the northern Ireland conflict.
It's not a tour I'd recommend.

Edinburgh Castle

The city tour was interesting, but the portion at Edinburgh Castle was completely rushed with little time to explore. I'd suggest going on your own to the castle.

City Tour

This tour was just okay. There isn't much to see here. We did the combination bus tour and boat tour on the lakes. The boat wasn't air conditioned and it was 87 degrees, which made for a very hot and uncomfortable hour for everyone.

Compare Prices on Azamara Quest Europe - British Isles & Western Cruises

Onboarding Experience
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X