Azamara Quest Cruise Review by elaan

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Dublin
Destination: British Isles & Western Europe
Cabin Category: V2
See More About: Azamara Quest Cruise Reviews | British Isles & Western Europe Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Azamara Quest Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azamara Quest Deck Plans
A Bit Disappointing
Since my husband and never done "small ship luxury cruising" before we were both looking forward to experiencing this ship. I was disappointed from the time I stepped into the main lobby and saw only a small staircase going up to the next deck. The lobby was small and there was no glass elevator or soaring atrium. Our verandah cabin was a decent size, but the bathroom was extremely small. The verandah had nice furniture, but the table was much too large for the space. The entertainment was just okay. There seemed to be only one show per evening and it was usually at 9:45. The show lounge wasn't very large and since it was mainly one level it made it hard at times to see the show over people's heads. The show time was sometimes too late for us if we had really early shore excursions. I would like to have the option of an earlier show. The dining room was a good size and the service was great. Actually, everywhere the service was great. The food in the dining room was always presented very nicely, but had absolutely no taste. Overall, I found that without thinking about and realizing it ahead of time, I missed the glitzy parts of the larger ships I have been on - the glass elevators, large lobbies with a bar, two story dining rooms (even the singing and dancing waiters) and the multi story show lounge. I didn't care for all of the dark wood on the ship. The daily fruit and flowers in the room were unimportant to me and just took up space. My husband and I are not big drinkers so the unlimited alcohol didn't matter to us either. If you like to drink, don't care for the glitz of some other ships, are really focused on great service, only want to see a handful of children and are at least 65 years old, this ship may be for you.
Publication Date: 08/15/13