Thomson Majesty Cruise Review by Salty Sim: Italian Flavours and Adriatic Explorer

Salty Sim
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated

Italian Flavours and Adriatic Explorer

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

This was our third Thomson cruise. We chose these back to back cruises of or the itinerary and, worth such a wonderful selection of ports of call, they did not disappoint. We did have some concerns having read some of the reviews but overall we have no real complaints.You can find fault with everything but a holiday is what you make of it. So the comments below are honest opinions rather than complaints.

EATING - we mostly ate in the Seven Seas fro dinner and the buffet for everything else.The food was excellent throughout, always hot and always varied. Others are right when they say space is at a premium for the buffet but we always found a table. Queues for the Seven Seas could be up to 15 minutes if you timed it wrongly which we have never experience on previous cruises on the Dream and Spirit.

CABINS - are small, our was an outside plus which was adequate although you would struggle to make a bathroom smaller. We heard the standard cabins described as en-suite More cupboards and having seen one I have to say I'm glad we were stuck in one for two weeks. That said, housekeeping kept ours immaculate.

ENTERTAIMENT - the Jubilee Lounge suffers for only being on one level but there are plent of seats and we always magaged to get a good view. The entertainment team were excellent, putting on a varied programme over the two weeks that suited most tastes. The Budepest Duo in the Royal Observatory and tBen the piano player in the Rendevous Bar were accomplished musicians. I have to admit I avoide Sumertime at all costs - you get a better standard of Muzak in shopping mall lifts.

OPEN DECK AREAS - the layout was not good and poolside areas were given over to buffet overspill much of the time. it was also very noisy; either music blaring out of speakers or the noise of the engines. The promenade deck was quieter but the type of davitts uesed made it very cluttered, and where were the good old fashioned deck chairs? they only had loungers which was alright for us but some of the older passengers cannot manage them. Also, cme old fashioned but I like wooden decks; they both look nice and better for walking on. blue painted decks rather cheapen the look of the ship.

SERVICE - mostly excellent although I did notice an occasional frisson between the Asian and Eastern European bar staff.

OVERALL - I prefer the Dream to this ship, especially the cabins, show lounge and open deck areas. would I sail on Majesty again? Well, it would not be my first choice but if the itinerary was right, then yes. Less

Read more Thomson Majesty cruise reviews >>