Serenade of the Seas 4

Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Serenade of the Seas

amanda555
Member Since 2009

Overall Member Rating

Flew from Atlanta nonstop to Barcelona and stayed 2 days in king suite at Casa Camper which is a unique hotel close to Las Ramblas . Embarkation was very slow because we had one cruiser who needed wheelchair-we waited at least 45 minutes for an attendant. Both of our junior suites were available when we checked in at 1pm but bags didn't arrive until 530 pm. Cabin was great- I quickly

Gave my attendant a nice tip which I think helped with quick service entire trip and I replenished that

regularly . Cabin was very clean , spacious and bed very comfortable.

I am non meat eater and thus had limited choices- all fish was overcooked and dry was very disappointed over all with the cuisine even with the specialty restaurants of which we tried them all .

The only one I enjoyed was Izumi because I could cook my own seafood on hot rock.

Ports were great and we did private tours at all of them except Ravenna and Venice. My friend had her phone stolen More Rome tour so be careful. I had a special bag from Travelsmith that has straps which can't be cut and zipper compartments which lock .

I booked my trip through Noe at Vacations to go and had a 600 dollar on board credit which was great because I left ship after 12 days owing only 5 dollars

Fellow passengers were overall very nice almost all spoke English - we shared the dinner table with charming family from Ireland and did several of our tours with great English couple.

Too many children on ship for my taste and the pool was overrun with screaming little ones.

They need a separate pool for adults only.

So that's a quick review hope its helpful esp for novice cruisers like myself. Less

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Junior Suite

JS1544
1544Lovely except couch a little wornOn deck 10 mid ship large walkin closet -lots of storage spaceLoved tub in the BRVish cabin steward was fabulous

Published 08/14/13

Read Cruise Critic's Serenade of the Seas Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Mediterranean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?