What can I say, other than what a waste and what a terrible company to holiday with.
My wife and I are very experienced travellers, having travelled extensively on our own and through agencies, including a number of cruise holidays with Royal Carribean, Celebrity and Thomson.
Excuse me being blunt, but MSC are by far the worst company I have dealt with in our many years of travel.
1) We choose to join a cruise at Ibiza, as we're already planning to be on the Island prior to the departure. Just as well as we were notified 2 weeks before departure that they were bringing the embarkation date forward by 1 day and changing one of the stops from Tunissia to Majorca. Had we been planning to fly into Ibiza to meet the original date, we would have been up a creek without a paddle, as there is no way we could have changed flights, never mind the additional costs, in the time given. As it was, we had paid our hotel accommodation and had to leave a day early. Loosing the cost of that night. As a consequence we then had to book another hotel on the way back to fill in the early return until our flights back home. Any explanation or apology for the inconvenience from MSC.. None!
As above, Tunisia was dropped from the iitnieri with no explanation. Palma was added but the arrival at 20:30 and embarkation at around 21:00 made it a bit of a pointless excercise. Quick stroll along
the promenade in the dark and back on board. Not exactly a port experience to remember.
2) embarkation information - Chronic!
Whilst we are familiar with Ibiza and aware of the terminal at Bottafoche marina, at no point did MSC make it clear that this would indeed be the location to join the ship. We wrote to their service desk whilst thare and requested confirmation, just to make sure that we would embark at this location... Still waiting for a reply!
3) On a positive note, our cabin was fine and on a par with other Cruise Lines.. Also, to be fair, the theatre entertainment was decent, but did get repetitive after the 4th night with the same routines in different costumes.
4) the deck and pool staff are by far the worst that we have ever experienced. Day 1 whilst cruising, we witnessed as per other reviews, very aggressive pool staff clearing decks very early , throwing people's belongings around the deck and then being aggressive with passengers who returned to their sun loungers and questioned why they had been removed. Also, the pool area was an absolute free for all with absolutely no control over children bombing the pool and using the life saving equipment as play things every day.
5) the food in the restaurant was the most bland and un imaginative that we have experienced, so much s that we chose to eat in the cafeteria from day 3. I don't know why we did,as the service was nothing short of disgusting 24 hrs /day. Again as per earlier reviews, no glasses available to hold drinks during breakfast or water during the day, with passengers using hot cups instead, no breakfast bowls or spoons and ice machines constantly not working Itt was hard enough in the morning and afternoon to get a table, without being compounded by the majority of the staffs refusal to actually clean the tables for you to eat from. At best you had a cursory swipe with an old napkin, but never once did we see any form of effective cleansing with disinfectant. I would not be surprised at all to see an outbreak at some time of severe food poisoning on this ship.
6) Disco Party time!! Be aware this ship has DJ Bob on board and expect to have your ears blasted once or twice a day for a couple of hours with high Octane Club music blasted around the decks. OK if you are club 18 / 20 but not if your a bit past that or family with young kids.
PS excuse my spelling. Typing to quickly!!