Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by smollie20

Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: OB
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

The Good, the Bad, The Ugly

We booked this just two weeks before we left and I thought I had done my research but either I am way too picky or didn't read the reviews correctly.

First the Good- Wonderful Entertainment. Jamie and Sin are not only great at their jobs and just so funny. The magician JP was the best I have ever seen adn again we laughed and laughed.

The bad- eating in the dining room. All the food is tasteless and I am not sure what they call beef is really beef. It was grey with grill marks and tough. All steaks including something called mignon was no more than 3/4 inch thick. They tried to help but the 2nd steaks were worse than the first. Everybody kept saying I should pay for Cagney's if I wanted a good dinner. By the end of the cruise the dining room was never very full.

The ugly- the buffets. I am not sure of the flavor because it was never warm. Everything was cool and soimetimes downright cold. I wondered if it was safe to eat if not kept at a certain temp. The good again- never really had problems with lines. Very well organized. The Bad- Could have had better food at Denny's, Applebees any chain. small room, no sports bar.

We did have a good time but I would never go on NCL again due to the food. I want to be treated to something special and that did not happen. I must mention the wonderful Jewel dancers and singers. Great Great job.

Publication Date: 08/11/13