Carnival Legend Cruise Review by jctrips

Carnival Legend
Member Name: jctrips
Email: jctrips@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: October 2006
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
See More About: Carnival Legend Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
        Under 3 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Eastern Caribbean
We (myself, husband and 2 yr. old) sailed on Carnival Legend from New York, we didn't have to fly, so that was in itself awesome. With a 2 yr. old flying can be interesting. We booked a suite, on the 6th floor, it was near the back of the ship, so we had a huge balcony (50% bigger) than most suites. It was enclosed with glass, so no worries about me jumping over board. We requested a crib, but it was more like a portable crib, so kind of small for a 2 yr. old and he really didn't like it, however, he did sleep in it. My son is talking a lot more than when we left. There were lots of things for him to do and the Kids Camp (Camp Carnival) was great. At first, he was scared, but by the last day, he was jumping over the door to get in. They painted his face for the first time, made him look like a King, complete with a crown and wand and a fruit loop necklace. They even gave him his own captains hat and he painted his own T-shirt. He made hand prints and played with play-doh too. Oh, and he was in his first Talent Show doing the Penguin Dance. He did really good, he stood there and didn't even cry. He went swimming in the baby pool and we went to the beach in Tortola. I got a massage and a facial. And we went shopping in San Juan and St. Thomas. I can't wait to go on another. I met a lot of new friends and I was never bored. My son sat at the dinner table in the main dining room almost every night, so he got to try all different types of food too. Speaking of food, they even had a cookie decorating and ice cream contest. This was a great learning experience for him. And he met a new friend, Funship Freddy. He looks kind of like a ship, but walks. He went to karaoke too and he clapped for everyone. He even went up on stage with myself and daddy when they sang. His daddy doesn't sing that good, so he was trying to pull him off, but he didn't want to leave... There were lots of photographers walking around taking pictures all the time. We did get a good one of all of us. We all loved the ice cream bar and the room service. It was an 8 day cruise, too short...but I had a blast and the best part I didn't have to fly! We sailed right out of NYC and since we were VIP we didn't have to wait in line to get on the ship either. Very cool. Definitely, worth every penny.

Publication Date: 11/02/06