Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by shortmac8: Norwegian Alaskan Cruise

Norwegian Alaskan Cruise

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

The cruise to Alaska was wonderful. I hardly knew we were on the water except for seeing it on all sides, which was an absolutely beautiful sight. The ship was beautiful and very clean, with a wonderful crew who helped with whatever we needed or wanted. It was easy to find your way around the ship and the amenities were great. I loved the spa and Cagney's Steak House. Everyone was very friendly and always smiling. For a first cruise, I was impressed.

The freestyle way of dining is absolutely the way to go. The buffet that was available was well stocked and the food was very good. The entertainment was great. A good variety and something happening at all times, so you could never be bored. The cruise directory and her crew were great.

I had a cabin with obstructed view window. It wasn't a bad view, as we had the small skiff in our view but we could easily see the ocean and we got a lot of light from the good sized window. We were above one of the lounges but the music More could barely be heard and wasn't a detriment at all. The cabin was very clean and well maintained. The toilet area was a bit small for anyone over 5'5", for leg room. Otherwise, the bathroom was sufficient for it's purpose. I loved that the room had a safe. Also, the closet and drawers were very nice and the room had two desks, one on each side. Well put together stateroom. Not really crowded, for 2 people, except for the toilet area but that could be gotten around easily. The area of our stateroom was quiet. Very happy with it.

The shore excursions were plentiful and you could arrange for them before you sailed or once you were on board the ship. Many choices of things to do or just relax on the ship or wander the towns. Ketchikan was an amazing small town that was very quaint and with a lot of history.

All in all, a cruise to remember and talk about for years to come. I encourage anyone to take this cruise. It's truly wonderful. The scenery alone is worth the cruise. So beautiful! Less

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jewel 8052

I had a cabin with obstructed view window. It wasn't a bad view, as we had the small skiff in our view but we could easily see the ocean and we got a lot of light from the good sized window. We were above one of the lounges but the music could barely be heard and wasn't a detriment at all. The cabin was very clean and well maintained. The toilet area was a bit small for anyone over 5'5", for leg room. Otherwise, the bathroom was sufficient for it's purpose. I loved that the room had a safe. Also, the closet and drawers were very nice and the room had two desks, one on each side. Well put together stateroom. Not really crowded, for 2 people, except for the toilet area but that could be gotten around easily. The area of our stateroom was quiet. Very happy with it.

Gold Panning

(5)

Juneau is a lovely town, with a lot of history and beauty. The gold panning excursion was great. Our guide, Randy, was a funny, very friendly and knowledgeable person. Very enjoyable and got to take some gold home to boot! :-) I highly recommend Randy for the tour.

I loved the town of Ketchikan. It was a beautiful, quaint small town with a lot of history and friendly people.

Liarsville

Liarsville was a cute period camp, with a great little show about it's history with the gold panning/mining days and you could even pan for gold in the stream. Wonderful trip.

White Pass Scenic Railway

(5)

Skagway is a lovely town with lovely old buildings and atmosphere. Friendly people and easy to get around.

We took the White Pass Railway and Liarsville excursion. It was a great excursion and I recommend it to anyone. It's very family oriented. The scenery, going up to the pass on the train was very very beautiful. The train itself is very nice and had lots of big windows for taking amazing pictures. The conductor of the train gave a wealth of information about the area, the railway to the pass and how it helped the gold rush days.

Victoria, British Columbia, is a very very beautiful city. It has such beautiful old buildings and the entire area was decorated with flower baskets hanging from the light poles along the streets. Very beautiful. They had an open market by the water and many many lovely shops and sights to see. A beautiful representation of Canada.

Read 554 Victoria Reviews