Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by First State Cruise Gal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by First State Cruise Gal
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: First State Cruise Gal
Cruise Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: M
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

RC Grandeur of the Seas--3 STARS

This is my first review, 2nd cruise. I think it's important to know the demographic of the reviewer so others can determine if a review would apply to them. That being said: I'm 44, married, mother of 3 teen boys. Income level $100K plus. Love to play and relax on a cruise. Love Fine Dining on a Friday night at home and my toes in the sand for a relaxing day away. This was my 2nd RC cruise and let me FIRST say, I LOVE RC as my cruise line. I haven't sailed others but feel no need to as I overall feel I get great service(s) from RC. My first cruise was Explorer of Seas to Bermuda and would give it 5 stars overall.

PROS: (1) The specialty restaurants--DO IT! Spring for the extra $ to eat at Chops, Giovannis Table and Izumi. The food is EXCELLENT and a break from the "banquet" food prepared en masse in the dining room. The service is a step above and the quality of dining is 5 steps up. (2) Entertainment. First rate, not campy or amateurish. LOVED every show. (3) SPA--Do it! Spring for a MASSAGE. First rate services, good as anything I've received on land. (Hubs had one and he agrees). (4) STAFF--love them! Very friendly and easy to get to know if you make the effort to connect with them, which, BTW, always leads to extra special service. Now the CONS: (1) This ship is smaller and each venue is smaller (theater, bars, Centrum). There is no promenade for parades. I preferred the Explorer of the Seas because of the size difference. This became less irritating as the week went on, yet it would definitely KEEP ME FROM GOING BACK on this particular ship. (2) PORTS--I will comment in details below, but these 3 ports were not for us. I would not recommend this cruise because of these Ports.

BOTTOM LINE: Go cruising with ROYAL CARIBBEAN just carefully consider this cruise because it is a smaller ship and the PORTS are underwhelming to say the least, especially if you've been to BERMUDA or another truly beautiful tropical spot.

Publication Date: 08/11/13