Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Wishy: Relaxation cruise

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Relaxation cruise

Sail Date: August 2013
Destination: Bahamas

My husband and I took my very active 86 yr old mom on a short vacation to unwind from a very busy life. I am not a lover of cruises but as I could not have found more accommodating or pleasant staff members. Everyone from the cabin attendants to the dining room/ bar staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was consistently good and as vegetarians we had enough selections at every venue. We upgraded to a room with a balcony, while my mom had a room with a window on the 9th floor. Both were roomy, with plenty of storage. Worth the price differential. We are not night owls so I cannot comment on the late nite dancing and games. We did take advantage of all of the excursions (and found that it was extremely easy to change tours or skip them with no financial penalties). There were always plenty of chairs at the pool and in the Windjammer. I also had a very relaxing facial. The evening shows were ok- very energetic performers.

The general population was more mature with some More children and teens. It was also very international. Many seemed to come in groups so they had friends to "hang out" with. There was also a group of 500 fraternity members plus instructors involved in a course which may have changed the nature of typical cruisers for this ship.

It was not conducive to meeting new people so it is probably more enjoyable to go with friends but we brought our own games and found plenty of tables and chairs to play at.

Cruising is not for everyone but if you are looking for a relaxing and care free few days this was a very pleasant way to do it.

We were very impressed with the Autism and Sea Program. The families we met were thrilled to have such a wonderful staff, activities and accommodations for their families. The children (preschool thru teenagers) were well supervised and cared for in areas that suited their specific needs. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Majesty of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Majesty of the Seas 1086

1086: great room, enough closet and storage space, big bathroom with a tub, nice size balcony, good location.9080: great room, good storage, good bathroom, good location, good sized window.

Beautiful island, plentiful barb b q- lots of salads and fruit...and veggie burgers. We rented a cabanette which came with bottled water, ice, a fruit platter and two floating mats along with very friendly attendants. There was a tram dedicated to just this area of the island. Well worth the price (not for kids as it is too far away from the water sports). There were plenty of chairs and hammocks for everyone all over the island. We also took a kayak trip with adorable and very informative and enthusiastic guides. Even with a short rain it was a very nice day. If I was not with my 86 yr old mother we would have probably taken a longer excursion.

Read 235 CocoCay Reviews

City Tour

We enjoyed Key West. We had been there before but had not taken a tour. City Tour was great. Very informative and entertaining tour guides. The city is totally set up for the large number of tourists.

City Tour

(3)

There was a torrential down pour so we cancelled the tour. The ship did not have any problem with the last minute cancellation. We did walk around the town. Not much more than tourist shopping but colorful.