Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by Wishy

Member Name: Wishy
Cruise Date: August 2013
Destination: Bahamas

Relaxation cruise

My husband and I took my very active 86 yr old mom on a short vacation to unwind from a very busy life. I am not a lover of cruises but as I could not have found more accommodating or pleasant staff members. Everyone from the cabin attendants to the dining room/ bar staff were very helpful and friendly. The food was consistently good and as vegetarians we had enough selections at every venue. We upgraded to a room with a balcony, while my mom had a room with a window on the 9th floor. Both were roomy, with plenty of storage. Worth the price differential. We are not night owls so I cannot comment on the late nite dancing and games. We did take advantage of all of the excursions (and found that it was extremely easy to change tours or skip them with no financial penalties). There were always plenty of chairs at the pool and in the Windjammer. I also had a very relaxing facial. The evening shows were ok- very energetic performers.

The general population was more mature with some children and teens. It was also very international. Many seemed to come in groups so they had friends to "hang out" with. There was also a group of 500 fraternity members plus instructors involved in a course which may have changed the nature of typical cruisers for this ship.

It was not conducive to meeting new people so it is probably more enjoyable to go with friends but we brought our own games and found plenty of tables and chairs to play at.

Cruising is not for everyone but if you are looking for a relaxing and care free few days this was a very pleasant way to do it.

We were very impressed with the Autism and Sea Program. The families we met were thrilled to have such a wonderful staff, activities and accommodations for their families. The children (preschool thru teenagers) were well supervised and cared for in areas that suited their specific needs.

Publication Date: 08/11/13