Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by Minideb

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: G
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

3 Generations go to Alaska

This was my mothers third cruise and our first. Grandmother with daughter and niece. Grandmother (83) with limited mobility meant that we rented a handicapped suite. The room was perfect. The bathroom in need of repair. The Stateroom attendant Fernando Luna was the BEST. He was always available and always aware of my mother's limitations.

The windjammer offered more options than the dinning room. The lack of respect for the dress code was shocking. When my mother cruised on The Cunard SS France the dress code was formal every night. In 2000 on the Millennium it was shirt and tie for the men . Dresses for the women. Eating in the Windjammer I expected to see shorts and T-shirts. Making an effort to go to the dining room and seeing people in Jeans and T-shirts was not what we expected. But the daily newsletter stated Suggested wardrobe. The Maitre D' did not dare send anyone back to their rooms to dress for dinner.

We never had problems finding something good to eat. The Tea Time in the Windjammer was a big plus and obviously not common knowledge.

My mother had her hair done in the spa salon and although it was double the price she pays on land she was very well taken care of and she looked Marvellous.

The Park Cafe in the Solarium was the best place to sit and enjoy a snack with a view. The staff at Park Cafe are most polite and deserve to be recognized.

Don and Jessie Boy in the Cascades dining room are also top notch.

With unlimited water, ice tea and lemonade as well as Tea and Coffee we found no need to purchase a drink package.

The availability of fresh towels from 7a.m. until 10 a.m. meant that I took a towel at night to use in the hot tub at 6 a.m. as none would be available for those of us that are early risers. I really liked the fact that the Solarium is open 24 hours. I think that they could kill the endless loop bird soundtrack.

I would not hesitate to travel with this cruise company and crew again.

Publication Date: 08/11/13