Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by cdymom1907: 5 Day Progreso and Cozumel

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

5 Day Progreso and Cozumel

Sail Date: August 2013
Embarkation: Galveston

Just back from a 5 day cruise on the Triumph. We had a great time. It was my 4th cruise but 1st cruise with Carnival. The others were with Royal Caribbean. There were many things that were very similar. There were some things I liked better with Carnival...some with RCI. I would happily cruise with either of them again.

Embarkation was fairly easy. The line to register was not that long when we got there, but it was pretty slow. There seemed to be a lot of empty stations. There was a comfortable place to wait for our group to be called. They were running a little late due to an FBI investigation, but it was minimal. The good part were the rooms were ready when we got on.

The cabin was nice. Big balcony with 3 chairs. We had side by side rooms with our kids. I asked for the doors of the balcony to be unlocked. Our steward, Lido, took care of it right away. Lido did a great job of taking care of us. He was very friendly and did everything quickly. I do wish the cabins More had nightstands. I use a CPAP machine so I had to move the coffee table over to accommodate it. Fortunately, I thought to bring an extension cord because there were no outlets by the bed either.

We all loved the lunch options. Guys Burgers were amazing. Everyone could find what they wanted among the many choices on the Lido deck, then we could eat as a family by the pool. We never had a problem finding a table.

We ate in the dining room every night. Jean, Lin, and Soe were THE BEST!!! They doted over my kids who ate it all up. They were very busy, but always so friendly.

We enjoyed the shows...especially the New Orleans themed one the last night.

The cruise director, Jen, did a great job. She was funny and friendly when we saw her out and about. You can tell she loves her job. My daughter loved Ryan who did the Bingo games and the whole family thought Chloe, who did the music/movie trivia was a lot of fun.

We only got off the ship in Progreso and shopped in the area by the ship. My 18 year old loved being able to order his 1st beer on his own.

We did the dolphin swim in Cozumel. I had done it before but it was a 1st for my family. It is a fabulous experience. The pictures are pricey, but I had budgeted for it and am very happy I bought the whole CD. The really do capture some great shots that will make a cool Christmas card this year.

Embarkation was the easiest ever. The crew was very organized and others seemed to be going when they were supposed to so that led to un-congested areas that flowed quickly. We found the bags quickly and were in our driveway by 11:15.

It was a great trip. Any thing that did go wrong was minimal and nothing worth ruining a vacation over. I don't sweat the small stuff. The crew was fabulous. They were always smiling and happy. I know they work soooo hard but most never let it show. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Upper 6436

Great extended balcony. The only drawback was being over the Rio Lounge. It was pretty loud sometimes.