Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by beamertravel: Simply excellent on all levels

beamertravel
Member Since 2013

Cabin Not Rated
Entertainment Not Rated
Family & Children 2.5

Compare Prices on Celebrity Reflection Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Simply excellent on all levels

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I have taken this cruise line before and enjoyed it, but this time I felt compelled to review it. They knocked it out of the park this time. The staff were great. The food was really good. The concierge Matthieu was excellent and friendly. The cabin steward was great. The ship was spotless. Public area bathrooms were constantly cleaned. The room was excellent - mid ship veranda with excellent interconnecting to kids room. Murano was incredible. Tuscan grill incredible. Opus Maitre d' and wait staff great, What made this better than our Christmas Silhouette cruise was the staff. The last cruise staff seemed tired and unhappy to be there. They staff here were happy and eager to please. I hope Celebrity reads this and understands that that is what makes the difference. I think a cruise line of this caliber should always have a zero tolerance for bad staff who refuse to engage the customer in a positive way. This ship seemed to have rid itself of any bad apples. The itinerary was also More about as good as it gets. Of course not everything was perfect. The kids club staff were not as good as before - activities were boring because they directed the activities too young for the kids - babyish games etc. Shore excursions were overpriced and poor, but so easy to explore on your own. However, the good so substantially outweighed the bad that by day 10, we had the very best time and had enjoyed every moment.

P.S. We did not go to any of the shows so I cannot comment on that. With this type of cruise, we deemed that stuff irrelevant, as we came to see Europe. I think that stuff is more important on a Caribbean cruise. Less

Read more Celebrity Reflection cruise reviews >>