Azamara Journey Cruise Review by pembrey123

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: V1
See More About: Azamara Journey Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Azamara Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Another wonderful trip

Our trip started in a one night stay in Barcelona at a great hotel.

Embarkation was very smooth taking less than 15mins. It was a nice touch to be greeted on board with a glass of champagne and a welcome back. Two of the crew given out the champagne remembered us from last year.

I was traveling with my disabled mother. On this trip we had booked a disabled room for the first time. A very good size balcony and lots of space for the wheelchair. We did encounter a major problem with the door to the cabin. It is meant to open automatically when you entre your key into the door. Most days this did not happen. Throughout the week lots of staff came and went hoping the problem had been solved. The guest relation department were so helpful and tried their best. When they saw me approaching they would hide below the desk. Lot of laughs about the problem but always trying there best to solve the problem. In the end we just got one enjoying the holiday and if the door did not open, someone would come along and let us in. Since returning from the cruise my mother an I have been given a large discount for next years holiday. We will not be using the disabled room again.

Food on board was very good. Most evenings we eat in the buffet restaurant. Food was always hot and lovely. My mother has a craving for chips and every evening they would get them for her. On the last evening we were celebrating my mother 85 birthday and all the staff come and gave her a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday. A lovely touch.

Entertainment was not as good as last year. May be is was due to Eric being on leave. Chris as always working hard to keep us entertained.

AzAmazing Evening - wonderful venue (over looking Marseilles harbour), good buffet and lots of drinks, BUT the entertainment was so bad. Out of tune violinist. I had to laugh as it was so bad. Lots of people did not return for the second half of the programme.

All the crew were friendly and is was so nice to be remembered from last year. Juliana, Future Cruise Manager as friendly and helpful as always.

Mother and I had a wonderful holiday and we cant wait for our next Azamara cruise in November.

Publication Date: 08/11/13