Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by nuclearmom: Girls 50th birthday cruise

Girls 50th birthday cruise

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Boston

Fabulous first cruise! Embarkation was very smooth and we loved our balcony cabin.

Service throughout the cruise was fantastic. The crew wants to do anything they can to make your stay great. We especially appreciated how the cruise director and his staff made us feel so welcome on the ship and they work extremely hard to entertain us. Food in the buffet is just OK. I would highly recommend booking a trio of the upscale restaurants you won't be disappointed. We went to the Italian, French and steak house. All fantastic! Check out the wine tasting in Le Bistro it was a great value and fun! Drinks on board are delicious and not light on the alcohol. Also the prices of drinks were very reasonable.I loved having the soda package with the insulated cup. Coffee on the ship is not great so we went to Java cafe and paid for our coffee every morning. I didn't mind a bit heading down there. I met some really nice people and had great conversations. The Barris ta Lydia is so sweet and More knew my name and my coffee order as I approached her.

There is lots to do on the ship but we loved sitting in the sun on deck 13 and then swimming in the pool on the other side of the live band. I think it is a decent value for what you get but do prepare yourself for the sticker shock of your on board bill at the end! The spa was wonderful and the quiet area in there is so relaxing. Ask for Sarah in the spa she is fabulous for any of the treatments. I got one of the best facials I've ever had. Excellent vacation and no seasickness despite the choppy seas! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck Eight 10590

Great cabin location, plenty of closet space, Nice shower with lots of room. Perfect views from the balcony. We had the best room steward. Never heard any noise. Very comfortable beds.

Catamaran Cruise

(5.5)

Excellent catamaran snorkeling adventure! Well priced and a very small group which I loved. The area we went to is the Blue hole and the fish were amazing.
Sandwiches and Rum swizzles on the way back-it doesn't get much better than this!
Captain Keith and Gwen are great people!

Horseshoe Bay Beach

(5.5)

Loved spending the day here swimming and snorkeling. Great bathroom and changing facilities. It was awesome to rent chairs and umbrellas as well.
The sand is like sugar and the water spectacular.