Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by nuclearmom

Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Bermuda
Cabin Category: BA

Girls 50th birthday cruise

Fabulous first cruise! Embarkation was very smooth and we loved our balcony cabin.

Service throughout the cruise was fantastic. The crew wants to do anything they can to make your stay great. We especially appreciated how the cruise director and his staff made us feel so welcome on the ship and they work extremely hard to entertain us. Food in the buffet is just OK. I would highly recommend booking a trio of the upscale restaurants you won't be disappointed. We went to the Italian, French and steak house. All fantastic! Check out the wine tasting in Le Bistro it was a great value and fun! Drinks on board are delicious and not light on the alcohol. Also the prices of drinks were very reasonable.I loved having the soda package with the insulated cup. Coffee on the ship is not great so we went to Java cafe and paid for our coffee every morning. I didn't mind a bit heading down there. I met some really nice people and had great conversations. The Barris ta Lydia is so sweet and knew my name and my coffee order as I approached her.

There is lots to do on the ship but we loved sitting in the sun on deck 13 and then swimming in the pool on the other side of the live band. I think it is a decent value for what you get but do prepare yourself for the sticker shock of your on board bill at the end! The spa was wonderful and the quiet area in there is so relaxing. Ask for Sarah in the spa she is fabulous for any of the treatments. I got one of the best facials I've ever had. Excellent vacation and no seasickness despite the choppy seas!

Publication Date: 08/09/13
Read the Bermuda ports review by nuclearmom
More Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews