“Disappointed”

Cookiebun
Member Since 2006
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

I will start off by saying, I was on a cruise, so I was enjoying myself no matter what!!!! With that being said, I wasn't happy with the ship or a number of crew members.

I understand it is an old ship, so my concerns with the ship I am able to dismiss. It is just small and not utilized properly.

I have a larger issue with the crew. I have sailed on several NCL cruises and have always had the best time! I was underwhelmed by this sailing. I even showed up to one activity and the crew member was just sitting there reading a book. When we asked about the activity, he responded by telling us how unexciting the activity was (never closing his book, by the way). I will say the member of the cruise crew, Chris "Boston", was phenomenal. He was so personable and actually seemed like he wanted to be there and enjoy himself!

I also found some of the crew working in the buffet area obviously did not want to be there. They would give some of us looks, roll their eyes and actually walk away.

There were the down sides, but there were some good as well. Danilo was the best waiter we have had. We requested him every night in the Main Dining Room. He was cordial, spoke to us about his family and seemed genuinely interested when he asked us questions.

I will stay loyal to NCL, but I do not think I will ever sail on the Sky again. I met several people on the ship who said it was their first cruise with NCL and they would never sail NCL again. I told them not to judge by this sailing, that it is never normally like this. Others were not happy with the ship, crew and quite a bit of the food. When my biggest review of the food was "it is better than bad", not the best food. it was just average as opposed to normally fantastic on the ship!

Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Porthole Window

OG8017
Extremely large porthole, almost full window size.Round shower is odd, and the shower curtain was broken, so bathroom got wet when showering.

Port

We only stayed in the area around the ship while in this port. We enjoyed the straw market, pavillion and Senor Frog's.

Read 1,075 Freeport Reviews
Published 08/11/13
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sky Review
Norwegian Sky Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?