Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by Sweetiepie8

Member Name: Sweetiepie8
Cruise Date: July 2013
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Freedom Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        10-12 5.0
        13-15 1.0

Carnival Freedom

I decided to do Carnival again this year because last year I went on the Dream and I really enjoyed it. this time I was a little disappointed because I thought I would have the same fun.

1ST Embarkation was a breeze, arrived at port at 10am registration took less than five min, then we had to wait until noon to get on, went up to the lido for lunch which by the way was very good, explored the ship it's a little gaudy and you will get lost almost everyday. The entertainment on board were good I wouldn't call them excellent, but then again I go to a lot of broadway shows so I compare. Had dinner almost every night at the restaurant the food was very GOOD, FAST! & HOT our waiters were fantastic no problems there, my kids enjoyed the kids club except for my 14 year old, the camp counselor really did not interact with them she stated he watch the sports more often then talking to them he didn't even know their names, and she said the kids wouldn't dance or really socialize, my son enjoy who is 9 really enjoyed his time I noticed the camp counselors were really good with them. The pools were very crowded people hogged the chairs and tables even though they were gone most do the day. Get your breakfast early before 10 because if you don't you will wait in line a long time, went to a cycling class finished at 10 unable to eat because it was very crowded, but the days I was able to eat it was very good. Plenty of variety you will go hungry!!!!

Safety was an issue, there was a big fight on the lido security came but it got out of hand, I also heard that they were escorted off the ship in Aruba, I also heard a kid was stabbed but not sure about that, we had an emergency so we got back 2hrs early. Overall good vacation, wished we visited all our ports but Curacao was cancelled due to storm. if you go be prepare to wait in lines, rude people, crowds, but overall,ship very clean

Publication Date: 08/08/13