Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by mississippicruiser2: A lot of fun, Cabin 1348 temperature was to hot for comfort

mississippicruiser2
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

A lot of fun, Cabin 1348 temperature was to hot for comfort

Sail Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New Orleans

We had nine in our group. Four of our group went to New Orleans the night before sailing and enjoyed the night life on Bourbon Street. The other five of our group drove down Sunday morning arriving at the port around ten am. Embarcation process was very simple, short lines and we all boarded the ship around 1130. I did not purchase the FTF package and was glad I saved the fifty bucks because we got on the ship right behind them approximately 10 minutes after. The muster drill is necessary, but very aggravating to those of us who get to our station and for another 30 minutes still see people wandering around. Just get to your station asap people so the ship can sail.

My wife and I stayed in cabin 1348 with my oldest sons girlfriend (21). The three of us had plenty of room for storage and our things, the one problem with the cabin was it was hot. We did contact Guest Services and they sent up a fan which did help at night. The other cabins we entered 1350 and 1354 were both More very comfortable temp wise, we could not understand why our cabin temp was so hot. We survived and didn't let this one problem define our vacation.

We ate dinner every night in the main dining room and as usual we didn't have a meal to complain about. The food was awesome. The wait staff was slow, Head Waiter and assistants worked very hard and did the best they could, no complaints with the staff. I heard numerous complaints in the dining room about the very slow service, I have also heard that Carnival has cut back on the staff, which would explain the slow service. Carnival, please add the staff back to give your wait staff the help they need and the paying passengers the service they expect and pay for, please.

We did enjoy all three ports, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel.

Overall we all enjoyed our vacation with Carnival and will surly sail with them again. Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Riviera 1348

Plenty of space, only complaint was the room was hot, the temp control was broke. Guest Services did give us a fan that did help at night.