Carnival Freedom Cruise Review by JWeCruiser: Carnival Freedom

Member Since 2013

Compare Prices on Carnival Freedom Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Freedom

Sail Date: April 2013

We cruised the freedom in 2013. It was our first balcony room and we'll never book an interior or ocean view again! The room had plenty of space for the two of us and we enjoyed room service on the balcony every morning.

Our cabin steward was terrific and kept the room clean and organized for us at all times. Our waiter, Savio, was fantastic and we were actually sad to say good bye. You want two entrees for dinner, sure why not!? He kept the food and drinks coming and we felt royalty!

The Serenity deck for those without children was fantastic and we spent all our days at sea up there....kid free!

Our only complaint was the food was rather bland and the lines for the buffet were insanely long!!

I would recommend paying the extra for the steak house at least one of the nights.

The entertainment on the ship was a lot of fun and the outdoor movie was pretty cool as well.

The lay out of this ship was a bit of a pain, with the two story More dining hall in the middle....but once you figure out where you are going it's not bad.

All in all we had a great time!!

As a side note, I would NOT recommend booking flights with Carnival. Our flight home should have been 3 hours and was closer to 10! Less

Read more Carnival Freedom cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Freedom Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Freedom Balcony Empress 7393

Amazing views, plenty of closet space, comfortable bed. Perfect location on the ship. Great balcony room and well worth the extra price!!

Stingray Swim

(5.5)

Lots of fun, do NOT go to Grand Cayman without doing this excursion!!

Parasailing

(5)

Parasailing was a lot of fun!! The men working on the boat put my fears at ease and the views were amazing!

Bobsled Tour

(4)

The Bobsled was a bit shorter than I expected but still a lot of fun!

Zip-lining

(5.5)

The zip-lining was a great excursion. The guides were a lot of fun and I felt safe at all times. I'm not a big fan of heights but this was really a lot of fun!