Azura Cruise Review by peartreeproductions: azura from a teenagers perspective

peartreeproductions
Member Since 2013

Family & Children 5.0
Value for Money Not Rated

azura from a teenagers perspective

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

When my parents told me we were going on a cruise, it wasn't what I wanted. A cruise? surely this for people that are 61 not 16. despite this I went with a open minded and this is what I thought of it.

The kids club on azura are excellent, they run many great activity's and is a great way to meet other kids to spend time with to pass the sea days,so if you have kids I highly recommended putting them into the kids club as they will love every second of it.

the food was excellent with me and my brother regularly ordering room service or going to the buffet late into the night and enjoying it just as much as the sit down meals we had at various restaurants around the ship. this is to say that all food is good and your kids won't be struggling to find stuff they would want to eat.

On the other hand, The entertainment is certainly not directed at the younger generation's. Whilst tom jones and frank Sinatra tribute acts may appeal to the the majority of passengers More (the average of people on azura was 66) there is no entertainment that will appeal to a age demographic younger then 35.

The only show I saw out of mine I got forced to go to by family that I enjoyed was that of Gareth Oliver, a ventriloquist which I was surprised by how good he was, but the is the exception to the rule with the rest being filled by poor comedians and a slew of tribute acts.

Our room was perfect for me and my 19 year old brother, although the showers could be bigger as we are 6'1 and 6'4 respectively but our cabin steward (samsy),was sociable and did not complain about any mess we left in the room, let's just say he earned every penny of his tip. the waiter we had ( Kevin and jovin) were also similarly sociable and really made dinner a fun experience for our family.

So overall there is nothing wrong what p&o do on azura,but there not doing it for MY demographic, the entertainment is lacklustre and you can't walk 10 feet without seeing someone looking down at you for being "just a kid" so if you are bringing teenagers on azura,go during a peak summertime where there will be more kids on bored otherwise they will be left with a feeling of boredom on sea days. This was azura through a 16 year old boy's eyes/ Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>