Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by beachseasand

Carnival Breeze
Member Name: beachseasand
Cruise Date: July 2013
Cabin Category: 1a
See More About: Carnival Breeze Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Summer Breezin

Embarkation on the ship about 30 minutes once out of taxi. However this will plague us later in the trip. Had to switch daughter and husband room since we booked prior to my oldest turning 21 years old. Wanted my two girls to stay together in a room and my husband and I to be in the other room. Lady in port rudely asked why we did not book this way in the first place. Kindly told her because we booked a year ago and daughter just turned 21. She refused to change the occupants told us we had to do that once we were on the ship.

First thing on board changed the room occupants 20 minute wait not to bad. Little did we know we would have to go to customer service repeatedly that first night and the next morning. My husbands and one daughter's room key kept getting blanked out and would not open the door. GS just kept sending maintenance up to fix the problem when there was nothing wrong with the door lock. Finally after multiple room keys being issued, door memory and battery being changed they gave up and called Miami to fix the problem. I believe if the embarkation staff would have made the switch in port this would not have happened. Word to the wise insist on it being done before getting on the ship otherwise expect wasting some precious cruise time.

After that it was smooth sailing and can not say enough about how fun the ship was. Worried about entertainment but was pleasantly surprised by the 2 variety shows they had special for our cruise. Evolution of Edge is the best, don't miss his show if they fly him in for cruise. Also really enjoyed TC Tahoe a comic magician. Very entertaining. Other shows I saw was the Brits-screen was messed up so graphics that were half the show was disappointing. Divas was good. Comics Tom Brown very good, Tom Drake was good too! Steve White the show I saw was not his best which he even admitted he can not do the family show at 7:30PM. Be aware you have to get to comedy club early to get a seat, yes you have to stand in line about half hour to get a good seat.

Butch the Cruise director was very entertaining and really knew how to keep you engaged. Loved his staff Bethan from England was kick, Christopher and Anthony the dancers were so friendly and fun. Loved the dance classes and trivia. 2 ships on a stick and bottle of champagne for this family. Whoo Hoo.

Food was good. Always ate at comedy brunch or dining room for breakfast so relaxing. First day did Cucina Capitaino loved it. CC BBQ first sea day was OK but not my fav. Husband loved Guys burgers and Iguana burritos. Daughter and I loved the Tandoori food at aft end of ship. Changed menu everyday and kept some staples but it was soo good ate it almost every day. Once late back from Antigua so we ate a deli sandwich. Very good.

Main dining room Anytime dining try to get Pochollo as your wait staff fun and knew what he was doing great service. Loved the food but I am not picky.

Ropes course was done by two family members they enjoyed it. Also we all played mini golf which was fun. Enjoyed one movie night on deck a mystery remake of Charade no way as good as Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant.

Loved the Deck 5 outdoor area. Quiet and 4 hot tubs to choose from often had the hot tub all to ourselves. So relaxing.

Used casino a little bit walked away with $5 of their money but I did not gamble more then 30 minutes.

Deck parties were and absolute blast very young crowd so it was a lot of fun.

Loved all the ports, even pleasantly surprised by Nassau, got off the ship after mad rush. No aggressive taxi, tour or hair braiding requests. They would ask but would not make pests of themselves like I have experienced in the past. Even walking by straw market no aggressive sales pitch. What a change from the past. They even put in new brick sidewalks made it look much nicer.

Overall a wonderful cruise, just the rough patch in the beginning.

Publication Date: 08/05/13