Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by soonerjoe

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Galveston
Cabin Category: 8G

Triumph was great

This was my 10th cruise and wasn't many reviews since the ship was redone. Our cruise started off with the ship coming in late. didn't arrive until 1pm I went to the ship at 2:30 and was in my cabin at 3:30. apparently you can sign up for text alerts if the ship is late. I recommend that since they sent an email to my work address on sunday after I left for galveston. I'm a platinum member so we got on and off the ship extremely quick. WE also received a coupon for a drink up to 9.00 chocalates delivered to our room and did the laundry service which was great. You just fill up the bag and they bring it back folded or hung free. You receive that twice on a 5 day.

Okay after reading the reviews didn't know what to think. So I will give mine.

After being on the conquest then this one the big difference was No fridge in the room. Your steward can bring buckets for ice.

Other differences from past cruises. if you sailed twice they had a party for those people with free drinks. that went away about 6 months ago not sure how many you have to have now. I went to the party on this one and counted 60 people there. Also No captains party where you get free drinks and meet the captain either. They have a captains deal but they just show up in the foyer by the fun shops no drinks no place set up to meet them. I was in the aft balcony 8430 which was a longer balcony except for the wraparound balcony. it had 3 chairs a lounge chair and 2 tables and still had plenty of room. One of the glass panes must have broke because there was a new one seamed together but it was clear where all the others had tint on them. There is no thermostat in the room so you may want to bring a long sleeve shirt or windbreaker. I was happy with cold but this room was freezing. My cameras and binoculars would fog up you wipe it off and it stayed fogged up for a few minutes.

The reno must have been on some of the upgrades but not the whole ship it didn't look like it in the rooms etc. I went on the celebration twice once after they renovated and everything was different. I mean everything. you could tell most of this stuff was original but the ship was still nice. liked how they had the outdoor pools change colors.

Stewards and dining staff good. food was great chocolate melting cake every night. Not as big a selection in dining room as old days but plenty of choices. My only complaint about food is breakfast and was the same last time I went just not that good. I didn't think you could screw up breakfast but if you don't like powdered eggs which is what it tasted like then you had to do the omellete and that was the only long line we had. Guys burgers were awesome the taco bar was great. Oh the pizzeria did not do the calzones any longer. I was crushed. Also if you like miniature golf take yourself a golf ball they always had clubs but somehow never had any golf balls. Table tennis had balls and a paddle but no net. Really? The big band and their singer were awesome find them they played usually each day. The comedy shows was tim foss and another guy and I never laughed so hard. I also thought the shows were really good. someone talked bad about the shows must have been someone from royal c. Because I thought the costumes were awesome. I missed the magic one so can't comment on that one.

The dance club was hopping every night. When you get to progresso and get off the ship and walk thru the duty store there on the dock there is a free air con bus that will take you into town. when they drop you off they have a little area set up we took the 5.00 double decker bus that took you around and showed the area was about 20 min long. then you can get a massage for 10.00 there and shop or walk about a block to the beach and go swimming no cost. they are a little more agressive there and you can haggle but a bag that was 30.00 at 3 places I got for 10.00. Reminds me of cozumel 10 yrs ago. same thing with cigars in a box 20.00 down to 15 then 10. also when we were on the bus they showed the 69.00 trip carnival had and had it for 35.00 when we got off the bus and said no a guy came over offered the same 4 stop visit for 15.00 so I recommend that. Carnival only pushed their excursions didn't even have a map.

Now in cozumel you can shop for free or go out and catch a cab and all the places are listed so you know how much the cab is around 10.00 to most places. We did that last time this time we did the 2 reef snorkeling and I thought it was awesome. Read some reviews and those are incorrect this was nice and fun saw a lot of fish. Overall I thought the ship was nice and the cruise and staff were wonderful and the ship was very clean. I hope this helps.

Publication Date: 08/06/13