I flew from Canada to Venice two days before getting on The Spirit. After a bit of jet lag, the magic of Venice was a welcome sight. Embarkation was easy, although a bit unusual to set sail in the night time, a first for me.
The ship was a beauty. If anything, the gym is the smallest I have ever seen in a Cruise, the rest was very pleasing.
Due to the intensive itinerary, there was almost not time to be around the ship, every day the walking and sight seeing on different ports was tiring. The nights were shorts.
The entertainment on the theater, well, I did not like it at all.....lacking on quality. Every once in a while something good, but it should have been more consistent.
The shore excursions and places, outstanding, very rich experience. Disembarkation was also easy although the flight back home was a nightmare with the same airline previously praised. That's life.
Overall hghly recommended.
Here is one of each:
- Best Airline to Europe ( from Canada ): Air Transat
- Worst Airline to Canada ( From Barcelona ): Air Transat
- Best Room attendant in the ship : Ragu ( from India )
- Best restaurant in the ship : Windows
- Best City: Barcelona
- Most underated city: Istambul
- Best excursion : Amalfi Coast ride
- Overated excursion: Pompei
- Best laughs in the ship : Miss Spirit Contest
- Best entertainment in the theater : None
- Worst entertainment in the theater : A TIE : The yelling ( singing ) of the Spirit dancers and the Amaury couple.
- The most beautiful woman in the cruise: A Colombian lady ( ebram@)
- Best place to gather in the ship : Galaxy of the stars
- The funniest and wittiest director: Simone
- The most over the edge and at times rough looking : Simone
- The best and most expensive gelatto: Florence
- Best pizza : Roma
- Best Lasagna : Florence
- Best landmark : La Iglesia de la Sagrada Familia en Barcelona, Duomo in Florence, Any Mosque in Istambul.
- Annoying and yet educational : The kidnnaping on Istanbul to Rug factories from the excursions.
- Best value for your money: the $100 Rewards certificate for a future cruise
- Worst value : Bingo
- Best nicety for coming back : The gathering of past passengers and free drinks
- Worst nicety for coming back: A pin.
- The smallest gym in the industry: The Spirit
- Fun Cruise: Yes !