Carnival Pride Cruise Review by savmar2

Member Name: savmar2
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Baltimore
Cabin Category: 8A
See More About: Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Pride - Baltimore - July 2013

We left Baltimore on July 28 and sailed to Port Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport. There were 5 cabins of us. We had a few first timers. Let me start by saying we had a good time. This ship left a lot to be desired.

The good -

(1) Chris and Sassy - they are very good. Fun and open and everywhere!!

(2) Eugent - bartender. Excellent!

(3) The shows were entertaining.

The bad -

(1) Where is the cruise director, Josh? We went to all of the major events and many of the smaller trivia games. Josh was present at one of them. The one he was at he was very unkempt and unprofessional - many people I spoke too wondered if he had been drinking. The only other time I saw him was at deembarkation. I expect to see the cruise director everywhere!

(2) The hallways were dirty. They were not vacummed the entire week nor was our stateroom ever vacummed. One of our cabins had to ask to have their trash emptied and towels replaced. They waited 4 days for new pool towels to be delivered.

(3) Room service was horrid - the average wait was 90 minutes for a sandwich which was so thrown together it was falling apart. The potato chips and coleslaw were missing.

(4) There were areas all over the ship that need to be refurbished - carpet pulling away, holes in walls, elevator decorations falling apart, floor tiles gone, electric hand dryers not working (in a few bathrooms all were broken and there were no hand towels left).

(5) Autumn, who ran a lot of the trivia games did not know answers when questioned, and allowed children to scream so loud that they ruined the entire game for the adults playing.

(6) The sushi bar was not there. They advertise it in their materials.

(7) The pool was never closed up to become an indoor pool even thought it poured rain during the day.

(8) Jess, another main team member, had an attitude so horrible and disrespectful that it was frightening. She also was not dressed in Carnival attire the one time I did attend an event she was in charge of. That was the only event she ran. When I did approach another main team member about her attitude, he agreed with me and stated that Josh is aware of the complaints about her.

(9) We had late seating for dinner. Many times we were the last table to leave the dining room. Some nights we were leaving at around 11pm. Our server was nice but very slow.

(10) We had dinner at the Steakhouse. For the most part, it was a good experience. Unfortunately, appetizers were cold and the person who grinded the pepper did it backwards so it did not grind.

(11) You feel the movement on this ship more than any other I have ever been on. We couldn't play putt-putt nor ping pong because of the movement. Many people were seasick almost every day.

(12) The only time I saw the Captain was on Captain's night. The rest of the time he was absent. He spoke to passengers only twice during the 7 days.

Will I cruise Carnival again? Yes.

Will I cruise the Pride again? Absolutely not.

Publication Date: 08/06/13