Viking Freya Cruise Review by PofromBunkerhill: Wonderful Grand European Tour

Wonderful Grand European Tour

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Budapest

My husband and I decided to take a Viking river cruise after seeing the advertisement on television, which looked absolutely fantastic. However, we felt that there was not enough of the cruising in the daylight to enjoy the experience. The trip in itself was wonderful and we met great people that we spent a lot of leisure time with which did make it well worth our decision to take this Grand European Tour.

The problem we had was with the lock strikers, which took away three stops, one especially to Rothenberg, that I had looked forward to seeing.Our ship the Freya was docked for three days in Regensberg, but we absolutely enjoyed the town and made the best of it. The strike was out of their hands but could have been handled better.

Our transfer to another ship Var went smoothly but the bus ride was a little too long. The service on the Freya was wonderful but it seemed that the Var was very much inexperienced.

The weather was a plus 15 days of sunshine and More the room (Veranda Suite) was nice also but if I ever go on another river cruise with Viking I would opt for a regular room as the balcony wasn't worth the extra money because another ship was parked next to us and that is what your scenery was. All in all we had a wonderful fun time and very much enjoyed our NY friends. Less

Read more Viking Freya cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Viking Freya Review >>

Cabin review: Viking Freya 329

We had room 328 on the Freya and Var. The room was great but I would not spend the extra money again because the standard is sufficient.