Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Divasjp

Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: Seattle
Destination: Alaska
Cabin Category: IC
See More About: Norwegian Jewel Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Norwegian Jewel - Alaska July 27-Aug 3

It was my first cruise ever and I booked it last minute two days before! It was the best vacation ever! I could pick and choose what I wanted to do and when. The food was just ok. The service was top notch and the entertainment was good. Overall the ship was well appointed and easy to maneuver. I enjoyed the pockets of solitude without the hoards of children. I spent a lot of. Time on t he the front of the ship up on deck 14. Very peaceful.

The cruise staff was great and friendly. They had a great sene of humor and play and I appreciated their ability to adapt to adults and children both. Cruise Director Jamie and Assistant Cruise Director Sin were the best and were wiling to chat with anyone.

The views of the scenery and the glaciers was spectacular. The captain took us to the Sawyer glacier and spent a long time there so we could witness its beauty and get some great photos.

It was a great place to meet people and to spend time alone. I went on the cruise to get away from work and just relax and found much more. I met other singles and couples my own age to spend the evenings and early mornings with. That was a real bonus. I also haven't danced that much since college. Or playing basketball at 2am while watching the moon glow in the water .

I will definitely be booking again soon.

Publication Date: 08/06/13