Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review by Divasjp: Norwegian Jewel - Alaska July 27-Aug 3

Norwegian Jewel 5

Norwegian Jewel - Alaska July 27-Aug 3

Sail Date: July 2013
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

It was my first cruise ever and I booked it last minute two days before! It was the best vacation ever! I could pick and choose what I wanted to do and when. The food was just ok. The service was top notch and the entertainment was good. Overall the ship was well appointed and easy to maneuver. I enjoyed the pockets of solitude without the hoards of children. I spent a lot of. Time on t he the front of the ship up on deck 14. Very peaceful.

The cruise staff was great and friendly. They had a great sene of humor and play and I appreciated their ability to adapt to adults and children both. Cruise Director Jamie and Assistant Cruise Director Sin were the best and were wiling to chat with anyone.

The views of the scenery and the glaciers was spectacular. The captain took us to the Sawyer glacier and spent a long time there so we could witness its beauty and get some great photos.

It was a great place to meet people and to spend time alone. I went on the cruise More to get away from work and just relax and found much more. I met other singles and couples my own age to spend the evenings and early mornings with. That was a real bonus. I also haven't danced that much since college. Or playing basketball at 2am while watching the moon glow in the water .

I will definitely be booking again soon. Less

Published 08/06/13

Read more Norwegian Jewel cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jewel Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jewel Alaska Cruises

Cabin review: IC11145 Inside

I had an interior stateroom on deck 11 at the very back of the ship. It was just fine. No noise and the lack of windows was not a problem at all. You're not on the ship to sit in your room. The whole ship is a window. I would book the same room again.

Read All Inside (IC) Reviews >>
Divasjp
Member Since 2013
3 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X