Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Sir Isaac

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: Sir Isaac
Cruise Date: July 2013
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 11

The worst cruise ever

We chose this cruise for it's itinerary. We had the Captain's Suite which is the highest category on the ship. It cost me $6800 for 5 days. I was told that we would not have a butler but would have a concierge....NOT. We had 5 people in the fairly spacious room. The master bathroom was in the hallway so we had no privacy. We had 3 glasses in the room and when I asked the room steward for more glasses and a bucket of ice, he told me to call room service. It took and hour and a half to get it.

The food was cafeteria quality(if that) and the noise level exceeded 100db. A gentleman at the next table ordered a beer. The female server picked up a glass that had a some water in it; she poured the water right of the floor and poured the beer in the glass. Some days it took until noon to get our suite serviced. I refused to eat in the noisy dining room again so we went to the buffet. The food was tasteless and 6 hours later, I vomited everything I had eaten. The Steak House had good (not wonderful)food and a good staff. We ate there twice at a price of $490. The best food was Guy's Burger. If you want to cruise with rude people, see a lot of drunks and smell pot all the time, this is the cruise for you. The water in the pool was a light green and so cloudy you could not see the bottom. The entertainment, for the most part, was not very good.

All in all, I say with some regret that I wasted a total of about $11K and it was the worst cruise I have ever had. To be labeled "Priority" was a real joke. I did get a quick check in however but disembarkation was not prioritized. I could go on and on but I think you get the point.

I am a physician and was registered as such, yet the room stewards insisted on calling all us by our first names. The casino was also a real disappointment. If you were lucky enough to win any money, it was credited to your account as you could not cash out. Of course this encourages one to play until all the money was gone. I thought the ship was dirty compared to others I have been on. I never saw anyone wiping down the hand rails, etc. I have had 17 previous cruises on 7 other lines and had very good experiences.

My favorite is NCL and I plan to go back to Alaska for the 4th time next summer. I have never written a review or publicly criticized any organization but if I could have gotten off this ship on day two, I would have done so. The only thing positive about the entire time was a private tour of St. John. We had a wonderful 6 1/2 hour tour, just the 5 of us,for $300.

In summary, if you are a rude party animal, this may be the cruise for you but if want ship, great food and service with a smile choose any other line.

There is no wonder Carnival is in trouble.

Publication Date: 08/07/13